This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
    Anyone who can drive into the District and back out again with their lives and their cars intact, deserves to have a driver's license.
    I've driven into the District twice (furniture deliveries), and both times I got out with my life and truck intact. Of course, even inside the "sanity exclusion barrier" (a.k.a. I495), SOME people realize that the Peterbilt of Natural Selection is a case of "if we tangle, I'll be able to walk away from it".
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Antisocial_Worker View Post
      On the train back to Huntington station, which was designed by sadists, two men were having an urgent conversation so loud and foul-mouthed that eventually I started keeping track of the most commonly used swear words:

1. Motherfucker -- 74 times
      2. Fuck/Fucking/Fucker -- 58 times
      3. "Nigga" (both men were black) -- 30 times
      4. Shit/Shitting -- 12 times
      Sounds like a typical afternoon or evening in my neighborhood. They're even louder when they're on a cell phone and trying to hold their pants up with the other.
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth Antisocial_Worker View Post
        We've also noticed an epidemic of parents wheeling children who are clearly old enough to walk around in strollers. Peculiar.
        Well -- it could just be that they realize that their little ones would not be able to keep up with the local foot traffic...or just that they wanted to make sure they didn't wander off.
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
        X