This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth FormerCallingCardRep View Post
    Seraph, the other matter that you helped my oldest on is moving forward. You were a big help then.
    I'm glad to hear it, just let me know if you need anything else! Because seriously, that was just FUN. /evil cackle

Quoth FormerCallingCardRep View Post
    So far, she has not followed up on any of her threats, besides going to the BBB
    Good, good. Hopefully the BBB sides with yall too (don't see why they wouldn't), and she realizes how dumb it'd be to try and pull this number.

Buuuut...if she doesn't....you know who to call.
    By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
      Buuuut...if she doesn't....you know who to call.
      Toastrustlers!
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
        Sounds like our barbarian who wrestled a Wooly Mammoth to the ground bare-handed. GM was a bit flummoxed it worked.
        One game my halfling assassin rolled natural 20s twice in an attack on a frost giant. I was seriously pissed off because the GM at the time was my ex BF and he disallowed me being able to kill a frost giant because 'a halfling is too short to be able to hit anything critical to kill a giant' and I pointed out all I needed to do was stick one of the major arteries in the upper thigh and he could have bled out in minutes. The group broke up shortly after that when he allowed castrating a unipeg mount to kill the mount [the mounts owner rolled badly] and many of the group pointed out that he was enforcing his whim negatively on people he had issues with in real life. Oddly enough the people he didn't have issues with seemed to get good drops and not have problems with rolls...
        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth KhirasHY View Post
          Our GM was consistently almost in tears from the horrible crap we kept pulling..
          Artifact causing a druid to go evil - new spell - BBQ. Call woodland creatures combined with fireball
          EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth KhirasHY View Post
            Our GM was consistently almost in tears from the horrible crap we kept pulling....
            I was an evil DM, so it evens out.
            Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
              'a halfling is too short to be able to hit anything critical to kill a giant'
              Then why do halflings get bonuses to hit giants, if they're so ineffective? ^_^ Besides, a few points invested into a Jump or Acrobatics-type skill would allow them easy access to certain VERY delicate parts of a giant's anatomy...

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
              I was an evil DM, so it evens out.
              Been a long time since I ran any games of any sort (tho I'd like to again), but I was an equal-opportunity-evil GM

Long story short: If the players can get away with something, so can the enemies, and vice versa.

I am also a firm believer in the notion that natural 1's (critical fumbles) should HURT, and that natural 20's (critical successes) should be rewarded...with panache and style.

for instance

ex: of a nat 1 rolled (in a mecha game) while firing-on-the-run: User trips, missile launcher goes off in "random" direction (muhahahah) and slams into the ammo dump that an ally was searching...

ex: of a nat 20 rolled by someone wielding a sword....Just picture pretty much any of the sword fights in "The Princess Bride" and you have a pretty good idea.
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
              X