X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locked in the looney-bin

BG - I work for a moving company. End b/g

I get a call on my phone. Brain-dead starts yelling at me as if I know how he is and what his deal is. Here how the call went.
    Brain-dead = u know who, now called BD
    Me = me
    BD: "Bargle! Poor service! Blahh! Abacab! Zoink! RUDE! Fligerwise!"
    Me: ????? (Who is this guy?)
    BD: "Teeterfunk! MONEY! RUDE! Gableblaster! REFUND!"
    Me: "What happened"
    BD: "I just found out that the keys to my lock are gone! QUARTH!"
    Me: Scans his notes on his account. BD didn't lock his unit right, so we had to re-lock it with another lock. We also threw away the new locks keys so he knows we didn't have access to his stuff. This was in December and he agreed to it at the time. Just now he's claiming this is the first he heard of this.
    Me: "You can always cut the lock off when you get the unit back."
    BD: "Nooooooo!!!!!! I can't!!!!!"
    Me: "Or you can come to our facility before delivery and we'll cut it for you, add a new lock and hand you the keys, that way you know your stuff was never tampered with."
    BD: "Noooooooo!!!! Plageezeee! Unacceptable!!!! This is YOUR FAULT!!!!"
    Me: "Why is that?
    BD: "The unit you sent was faultily and I couldn't lock it!"
    Me: "Did you call us to let us know?"
    BD: "NO! Why should I? It's your fault!!!!! Hedgehogdiddle!"
    Me: "And when did you find out we re-locked your unit before shipment?"
    BD: "JUST NOW!"
    Me: (Bull. You knew in December. There was nothing wrong with the unit we sent. You also screamed at an agent the other day because you forgot to complete the rental and shipment paperwork, and she wouldn't do it for you. Now you expect me to take the blame for your stupidy and inactivity.)
    Me: "You have 2 choices. Come to us and we'll cut the lock and give a new one, or accept delivery and you cut it yourself."
    BD: "No. YOU figure out what to do!"
    Me: "I already have. It's you that has to make the choice."
    BD: "No! I have to go, and this is YOUR FAULT! NOW FIX IT!"
    BD: Hangs up.
    I fear for this world....
    Last edited by lie-al; 03-13-2013, 01:42 AM.
    "Don't tell me what I can't do!" - John Locke

Sadly, that probably works for him most of the time. A little anger goes a long way when pushing around spineless management.

Comment

Make sure you document his account notes, of course.
      The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
      "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
      Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

What GK said. Document them verbatim.
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

So you had an angry Bill Crosby on the other end of your line?
          My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
          It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Quoth AmbrosiaWriter View Post
            So you had an angry Bill Crosby on the other end of your line?
            Cosby.

Comment

Quoth lie-al View Post
              Me: "You have 2 choices. Come to us and we'll cut the lock and give a new one, or accept delivery and you cut it yourself."
              BD: "No. YOU figure out what to do!"
              Actually, he has a third choice - throw a hissy fit, refuse to take delivery until the storage company goes to him and gives him the keys, refuse to make any further payments because "they should have delivered my container when I told them to, but they refused", and have his goods auctioned for non-payment of rent.
              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
              X