This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Money, change, and reserves

So a few incidents that have happened recently.

For better or for worse, GameStore tracks us on our reserves, how many we get, etc. We don't get commission on this, but our hours can be changed depending on it. Our store is also tracked on it, so when people cancel their reserves, it can really hurt the store. Unfortunately as well, our high overlord for the area is on a firing spree atm, one bad complaint against you and bam! fired. 2 people in the area have caught it so far, including a manager of six years. So... Being stupid nice atm.

First transaction of the day is blarrrgghh.

Me:
    SC1: not really suck-y per-se, it'd be more likely he didn't know how rough he was being on the store.

SC1: "Hey, I'd like to trade in a couple games" *hands assassin's creed III and AC-revelations, and get that new Tomb Raider game. It's really good, I was playing it at a friend's house.
    Me k, when you trade these in you get - about half the amount"
    SC1: "mmm.. ok... Then let me cancel my two reserves and put the money towards this." (This is literally my first transaction of the day. )
    Me: *forced smile* "Certainly" *cancles them, he now has about 10$ remaining on the amount he needs.
    SC1: "Huh.... eh. Do you have it preowned?"
    Me: "No, I'm afraid we don't, I actually haven't seen anyone trade it in yet."
    SC1: "Anyone nearby?"
    Me: "hmm... let me see, the closest one is in *blah location* about twelve miles away."
    SC1: "*different location, about 1 mile away*?"
    Me: "No, *location.* twelve miles away."
    SC1: "*another different location, 3 miles away*?"
    Me: *twitches on inside* "No. BLAH, LOCATION. It's about twelve miles away from here."
    SC1: "Where is that?"
    Me: "Blah location, exact address."
    SC1: *putting it into phone* "Says it can't find it."
    Me: "...Well, I can write it down for you... but the next one that has it is about 30 miles away from us..."
    SC1: "Huh. Well put the canceled money on a giftcard and I'll drive out there."
    Me: "Sure.... let me just call them and make sure they have it." *calls, confirms, gets it put on hold for customer*
    SC1: "Thanks." *leaves*
    so my first transaction of the day and the store is at -40$ for what we've earned, and -2 reservations and no trade. >_< You have literally put everything into the negatives except the card subscriptions.

This was the last month's generic complaint.

Various people: Do you have Fire emblem: awakening?!
    Me: "Nope."
    VP: "WHY NOT."
    Me: "We only got 7 reserves. We had exactly seven games shipped to us. Sorry."
    This happened over, and over, and over. If you wanted the game, which I KNOW I told people was going to be in short supply, so if they really wanted it, they should reserve it, why didn't you. Now if you want I can sell you the e-shop card, but you'll need to buy the 50$ one, because nintendo charges tax for their online transactions....

No change for you!

Father comes in early in the day with his young (9ish) son. Like many stores, we don't keep a lot of change in the registers for what I think are obvious reasons.

BM: Boss man!
    SC2: Father
    SCK: Son

Father and son come up with a couple games, nothing expensive.
    Boss offers to ring them up as one transaction.
    SC2: "No. We'll be doing separate transactions."
    SCK: "Just this." *puts up a 5$ game, proceeds to pay for it with a 50$ bill after glancing up at father.
    Boss: "... Anything else you want?"
    SCK: "No. That's it."
    He gets his change, mostly in small bills because that's what we have early in the morning.
    SC2: "And this is all for me." *puts 10$ game on counter, pays with a 100$ bill*
    Boss: "Well, normally you'd have to wait, but fortunateeeelly. Someone just paid with a 50$ "
    SC2: "...." *stinkeye, accepts change and he and son leave*
    Tell a man there are 300 Billion stars in the universe and he’ll believe you.
    Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he’ll have to touch to be sure.
    -Unknown Author
Working...
X