This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The glare...it burns us..

So me and hubby are walking around a bookstore tonight b/c we had nothing else to do. And we had just eaten dinner, so it feels good to walk with a full tummy.

While we're perusing the aisles, one of the cafe workers is walking around with a tray of samples. On it is two small sample cups of coffee and a lemon bar sample and 2 chocolate cupcake samples. Cafe Worker steps up to me and hubby and out of the corner of my i see another woman who just catches sight of the tray of freebies and want to grab... but she restrained herself (miraculously!!)...so she made up for it by standing so close behind the cafe worker that Im sure she was breathing on her poor lil neck.

Anywho, I grab the lemon bar and a coffee, and hubby grabs a chocolate cupcake AND the last coffee. The workers tells us the coffee kind and the pastries and begins to walk...of course she backs into the SC who was RIGHT behind her.

SC looks at the (now coffee-less) tray and scoffs...loudly. SC looks back up to the worker, and back to the tray and back to the worker and loudly and obnoxiously states "WHAT KIND OF COFFEE WAS THAT?!". (I know that doesnt sound too offensive, but believe me ..it was alll in her tone)

The worker was clearly taken aback, after all...WTF?! She obviously didnt have anymore, so why did it matter. The worker began to explain that those were the last ones or something to that effect when I interrupted...

Now the SC kinda ticked me off so I was obnoxious back (only a little..) i downed the *SEARING..seriously it burned..lol* hot coffee and said to the worker, "Oh my GOD that was SO GOOD. THANKS!!!" and my husband smacked my arm but choked on his cupcake... LOL. The girl stifled a laugh and offered the SC a cupcake (which was declined). The glare i received from the SC in return.....priceless.

Small victory, but i crack myself up.

This might become my new favorite Hot Coffee Incident.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Working...
    X