This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decisions, Decisions.

I am thinking of trying to start a forum Roleplaying Game on here. I love to play, but have nobody around me. The games I have tried on other forums just sort of die..people stop posting..so that is one worry..that I can not keep interest long enough..as my games kind of start slow.

Then there is what type of game. I've done just about them all. Fantasy, science fiction, you name it..I've done it... To use one of the set worlds/ideas I've had for a long time..or to make a new/fresh game. If anybody would be interested. At all.

Now, I tend not to use .. conventional rules, especially in forum games. Would bog down the games even more then normal. For instance if I ran a vampire game, characters would not be made in Vampire the Masquerade rules..as it would be difficult in a forum setting.

So I guess this is a 'who might be interested' type of thing, and to see what genre would be the most interesting to those who would be interesting. Post apocalyptic? Super hero? Fantasy? Science Fiction? Believe me I have something for just about any possible setting. Probably some settings that have yet to be invented .

So...any interest? If so..preferred setting?
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

RP? How often would one have to post? (Time commitment, that is.) I have 2 6+ hour sessions a week already, and I'm already confused as to how to limit the interplay...
    Superhero sounds awesome. I want to play a hero-type, of (almost) any sort. I dislike dystopian and apocalyptic/post-apocalyptic stuff. Can NOT do Book of Eli/Fallout/The Shining stuff. Love Fantasy, currently playing kitchen-sink Knightly stuff with my crew, along with ShadowRun. Stuff like Stasheff, Aspirin, Butcher, and Foglio write, that I can deal with. High fantasy, mid and low; urban, historical fantasy/sci-fi... I actually don't think I've done a straight-up Marvel/CapCom type RP I've even done Exalted and L5R (RP). I loves me my L5R, we need to play more often. :3
    I also have some experience with Rule-balancing.
    I can provide even more specific examples of my desires if needed.
    "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
    "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

With forums it is a post as you can thing normally. Sometimes you might fall behind if others are posting quickly, but generally there is no specific time frame for posting. Also if the super hero is done, I tend to discourage using known heroes as there is a copywrite issue. Would not be in the marvel/dc/etc universe..etc. I can link you an example of just about any type I've ran if you would like.
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

I know that there's a straightup "Hey play Jean Grey" type game, looks meh, and I actually remember now: I've played Scion, but it's been declared "in repair" in my group. Most of the fun of a game is making shit up and seeing how awesome it is-- and I've played EK and Mage, so I'm no stranger to making shit up. Granted, I've never made my own mechanics-set, but ... getting close!
        "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
        "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

I might play, if you get something running.

I'm quiet on here, posting-wise, but I actually lurk a lot.

Comment

would gladly join! when and where

Comment

Working...
            X