Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

-Hearing my son's heartbeat on his ultrasound (He's due in August)

-Making some dry quip or joke and having my friends all break down laughing

-Violent headbutts of love from my cat (where he proceeds to knock my headphones off, press his head against the side of mine and purr in my ear)

-Tickling my hubby awake as he tries to bury himself deeper in the blankets to escape

-Making a someone who's having one of the worst weeks ever, feel completely better by the end of the conversation

-A big pot of chili

-Seeing that big pot of chili empty and people will full and happy bellies by the end of the night

-The smell of rain on hot pavement

-Seeing my niece and nephew smile

-Working on a drawing or sketch and just having it turn out -right- or getting it done in one sitting (though that's more of a joyful rush of relief >_>; )

-Finding that perfectly ripe orange in the bag
    Okay everyone, lets all point and laugh at him right about....

Now.

Comment

Hmmmm I like Jester's choices in music....

Good singing voices...and yeah Paul Rodgers is up there for sure. That man was born to sing. The Bacon Brothers...Kevin Bacon is an excellent singer....who knew There are tons of songs that I get joy out of, more than I can possibly list here but they include artists like the Eagles (and members Randy Meisner and Timothy B. Schmit), Heart, Bon Jovi (they do more than hair metal), Jackson Browne, Linda Ronstadt, Jeddrah (Tim Schmit's daughter), Loggins and Messina, Pat Benatar (Hell is for children is a favorite), Ambrosia, Pure Prairie League, Fleetwood Mac, etc etc.

Hearing a good song out of nowhere that you haven't heard in a really long time.

Being at a really great concert ....two that stand out for me are the Bacon Brothers several years back, and Timothy B Schmit on his first concert solo tour ever a little over a year ago.

The first light of a summer morning, before the sun is really bright, but it's warm and smells good.

The last light of a summer day, that edge of twilight.

Taking photos.

Having a Sunday where I can just sit and watch Star Trek for hours on end if I want to....which I did yesterday. Plus about 3 and 1/2 hours of Californication cause I needed to catch up .

The feel of hot water in a shower if my body is aching in every bone and muscle.

that first drag of a cigarette in the morning....the ones after it just aren't the same.

In the past it would have been the smell of my baby's head but the kids haven't been babies for years now.

I'm sure I'll think of more.....
      https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
      Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

For some reason, the only thing I can think of that gives me completew joy and peace is when I'm outside on a windy day. The sound of the wind just makes me happy.

(Not what you expected me to say, huh?) :-)
        "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Going to Sounders games with the hubby.

My hubby in general.

Seeing my Mom and my Aunt happy (which doesn't happen much these days)

talking with my friends on WoW.

Going to Oregon to see our best friends.
          Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

I'll have to add reading this thread. It's just beautiful seeing what makes people happy. Most of it doesn't involve much money. It's all about being, doing and caring.
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
              I'll have to add reading this thread.
              ^QFT, I love seeing what brings other people joy.

I forgot to add a few (a lot of) things
              Scents:
              - Sugarcane mulch
              - Sun warmed, just opened roses
              - Freshly cut grass
              - Baking bread, cookies, cakes, muffins and scones
              - Freshly made espresso coffee
              - Melting couverture chocolate

Foods:
              - Spaghetti Bolognaise with loads of cheese on top
              - Roast beef and crispy potatoes smothered in pan gravy
              - The first garden peas of the season
              - The first berries
              - Chocolate Orgasm Muffins
              - Glace Ginger Cheesecake

- A good pair of comfy boots, because apparently I'm not me unless I'm wearing a nice pair of knee-high, lace-up, chunky-soled boots.
              - My kids copying me (ie. 4 year old Jazzy inviting her great-nan in, offering her a cuppa and something to eat, giving a garden tour and sending her home with some vegies.)
              - Last, but not least, Squeaks' photos! I love seeing a new/edited one in my newsfeed most mornings, it's a wonderful start to the day!
              Last edited by Mishi; 03-17-2011, 12:32 AM.
              Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

I'm adding to mine too.
                -Hearing stories about Mishi's daughters, they make me smile.

-Watching kids get their first flight, and finding out we are doing several kid's days this year.

-Holding excited/scared parent's hands when they watch their kids go up on their flight, even if my hand is being squeezed. Getting to watch them look breathless and letting their kid fly with us even though they are scared is the best thing to see.

-Having people ask me questions and being able to answer them about flying, I don't know much, and its so exciting to know how to answer their questions.

-Sitting in a room with WWII pilots, test pilots, plane builders and others with a lot more aviation experience then me and who are much older then me, and them encouraging me to learn and having them share their experience with me.
                I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

Hearing a piece of music I've always liked.

Hearing a NEW piece of music that feels like an old friend.

Cooking

Cooking for a bunch of people

Feeding said people and hearing their exclamations of surprise and appreciation

Getting so caught up in a book that I forget to eat/drink/sleep/breathe.

Getting so caught up in a film that I feel as though I'm in it.

Having my kids hold my hand

Having my too-cool-for-mom 12-year-old son ask me to do something with him

Having my 9-year-old daughter curl up with me just to cuddle.

Seeing/holding/playing with my 9-month-old nephew.

Babies (NO, I'm not having any more, I just really like being around babies)

Finding the answer someone's looking for.

Giving someone a gift I've made with my hands (whether knitting, cross-stitch, candles, soap or food of any kind).

Making things for people I care about. I generally know who I'm making it for beforehand (i.e. I don't stockpile crafts) and part of the process is always thinking about the person I'm making it for and what I wish for that person and how much I care about them.

Food.

Finding an awesome new nail polish color

So many things revolving around my boyfriend, I won't even go into them. Suffice to say I'm damn lucky to have him in my life, and I try to never take him for granted He's an amazing man, and he loves me for who I am
                  GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Working...
                  X