This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facebook--a vent

So yesterday we took our cat to the vet for a teeth cleaning. They had to completely anesthetize him and so last evening he was still pretty loopy and out-of-it.

It was kinda funny so I took a couple of videos of him staggering around the house and posted them to FB mainly for my brother and sister because they used to live here too and are still interested in what happens with him.

Today, one of my uncles had posted a comment on one of the videos "and the point of this video is...?"

Ummmm, quite frankly--there is no point. No point at all. It's my cat, he's high, and I find it amusing. What is the point of your post? No one forced you to watch the video and I'm not about to explain it.

Seriously. There's stuff of his that I read/watch and find completely uninteresting and guess what: I go "huh." and move on. I don't post about how inane things are or make snarky remarks. Some people's children
    My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.---Cary Grant

Heh. I would've said: "To let you see what you look like when you're plastered, duh!" He was probably feeling all literal and srs.
    Btw, can you make that vid available to those of us who aren't Face-Minions? : puppy-eyes:
    "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
    "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

When stuff like that happens on my FB, i simply delete their comment. If they continue to do so, i just defriend them.

I know...i can be harsh, but if they really are going to be like that, i don't need them. And yea, i would do it to my uncle or family members all the same. Everyone is treated equal in my eyes. You are nice and kind to me, i am the same back. You get mean/rude or do something totally un-necessary, I'm done with you and i'll defriend you. No point Blocking.
      I can only please one person a day, today isn't your day, and tomorrow doesn't look good either.

When someone asks you a stupid question, give them a stupid answer.

Comment

Quoth surreal20 View Post
        I know...i can be harsh, but if they really are going to be like that, i don't need them. And yea, i would do it to my uncle or family members all the same. Everyone is treated equal in my eyes. You are nice and kind to me, i am the same back. You get mean/rude or do something totally un-necessary, I'm done with you and i'll defriend you. No point Blocking.
        This. I wont have anyone on my FB that I don't trust or has talked shit about me, whether it's been comments on my page or elsewhere.

I don't think you're horrible for removing people like that. I've had to do it too.

To the OP, your uncle is an ass. I second Surreal's suggestion. Delete his rude comment and if he continues to act like that, delete him as a friend.
        "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Yup. I would have removed his comment too. I don't have time for that kind of negativity.
          GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth tollbaby View Post
            Yup. I would have removed his comment too. I don't have time for that kind of negativity.
            As Tim Wilson sings, "Life's too short...to deal with assbags."
            The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
            "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
            Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
            X