Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ug, that's horrible. I thought it was really neat when they put their foot down with Denver, telling them to shove it and pit bull service dogs were allowed. Now they're yanking everything BUT dogs? That's one step forward and ten steps back....

Edit: The law has always been that service dogs don't count with BSL, Denver and other cities were over stepping their rights and breaking the law doing what they did to service dogs of restricted breeds.
    Last edited by Kyree; 02-20-2011, 05:44 AM.
    Pit bull-

There is no breed of dog more in need of our compassion; in need of our call to arms on their behalf; and in need of what should be the full force of our enduring sanctuary.

Comment

Here's a good rule I didn't think about today.

If an employee or attendant has a genuine concern over the health or safety for the service dog they can refuse it.

For example, an amusement park can refuse a service dog's entry onto a wild roller coaster (not refuse entry into the park, just onto the roller coaster) because it's a very high risk to the dog's safety.
      Quote Dalesys:
      ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Quoth LewisLegion View Post
        Though I do think it is silly to claim a snake or other such creature as a service animal.
        Hey, Lasso snakes need lovin' too...
        And Bubble Gum monkeys...
        and... crap, what was the third thought? Eh... oh well...
        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Draggar, I am not sure if this will help at all, but it looks like FHAA at least ruled that this doesn't apply to housing or similar facilities. So, no fear of taking your support animal to a hotel anymore.

http://www.floridacondohoalawblog.co...pport-animals/

Comment

Guys, I am sorry, but I'm gonna have to close this thread. It's a pretty blatantly fratching topic.

I do appreciate that you all have remained civil and debate-free, and I hate to close it because y'all have kept it polite. But rules is rules.

Thanks for understanding.

Comment

Working...
            X