This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• /Sigh...FB Posting.

This was on my friends status on FB (Facebook.) I love her to death and you think that working in the hospital (with me!!) would have given her some common sense when dealing with the public and other workers, but i guess not... (this is word for word, I separated it into paragraphs b/c it was a wall of words)

This place is ASS backwards I swear, I go to the Dr. they call in the RX to the walmart, I go to walmart and the bitch tells me they are filling it out it will take an hr...

I walk around walmart, made a friend out of this nice old lady wouldnt STFU and followed me everywhere I went....then after one hr I go to the pharm again and the bitch tells me $78.00... WTF for AUGMENTIN??!!!

I have insurance...dumb bitch goes "ohhh, wheres your card" I give it to her, she tells me its going to take an extra 2hrs..I goes "WTF are you FUCKING with me I cant believe this shit, for some fucking antibiotics", mind you *daughter* is behind me holding her ears and *son* is running around like a rooster with his ass cut off....she looks at me and turns her head like Im a fuking UFO I said "FUCK IT, take it and do what ever it is that you do with it shove it up your ass or throw it in the trash, because there is no way Im waiting around this motherfucker for an extra 2hrs when you have the antibiotic in your hands"...

I turned around and walked away...NOW I have to call CVS, so they can call WALMART and thats the only way Im going to get my *dauhters* antibiotics for her ears.........
    I want to apologize to the worker. Im sorry.... I plan on messaging this crazy girl and telling her what an ass she acted like.

oh please do. because usually if the person taking your prescription doesn't ask or its called in you NEED to give them your insurance card so it doesn't take as long. but it varies per place and who has your insurance on record or has to have it for EACH time

Comment

So it never occurred to your friend to present her insurance card when she dropped off the prescription?

SCs are bad enough. Ones that work in the same or a similar field and should know better really infuriate me.
      Sometimes life is altered.
      Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
      Uneasy with confrontation.
      Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

ok this is a minor defense only because i sometimes want to be nice.
        She didnt drop it off, her doctor called it in.
        Which means this a store she most likely used in the past.
        If the worker forgot to ask for the card when she checked in thats stupid, and yes they can and do forget.
        Yres the cursing is unnecessary yes she over reacted.
        But i would have been mean to her too. just not that much.

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
          So it never occurred to your friend to present her insurance card when she dropped off the prescription?
          Believe me, i literally face-palmed when I realized that.

This is the same friend who likes to go to the ER for non emergencies.

I want to blame this on her not having common sense but I cant. Ugh.

Comment

If the prescription was already in the cashier's hands, why would it be another 2 hours because of the insurance? Or is it because one has to wait for insurance to respond?

Hope your friend just talks the talk, because honestly acting that way should get you banned. Well I can dream, anyway.
            A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
              But i would have been mean to her too. just not that much.
              Because its the cashiers fault health insurance is a mess of paperwork, loopholes and authorizations that take forever. If this snowflake has time to wait for walmart to transfer the script to CVS and wait for CVS to fill it, then obviously no one was going to die while waiting for insurance verification.
              Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Hate to tell her, but a lot of why it was probably taking so long was precisely because she was being a bitch.

$78 for Augmentin is not really out of line. It's expensive even in the generic form.

Quoth MadMike View Post
                They're just like all the other SCs out there, they expect the techs to be mind readers. When I worked at the smiley-face-place, I had people ask me what they got filled last time at Walgreens.

Which means this a store she most likely used in the past.
                If the worker forgot to ask for the card when she checked in thats stupid, and yes they can and do forget.
                Not necessarily. Could have been the one closest to the doctors and/or on the way home. Or they've changed insurance and don't think it's necessary to share with the pharmacy.

And when a doctor calls in a script, how are we supposed to get the prescription information? 9 times out of 10, it's a completely different card. Not to mention, techs can't take prescriptions over the phone, the pharmacist has to do that.

Quoth Whiskey View Post
                Because its the cashiers fault health insurance is a mess of paperwork, loopholes and authorizations that take forever. If this snowflake has time to wait for walmart to transfer the script to CVS and wait for CVS to fill it, then obviously no one was going to die while waiting for insurance verification.
                Exactly. I hope the CVS she was having it transferred to already had her insurance information on file, too, or they're going to need the card. And if the $78 was the price through her insurance, it's still going to be $78 at CVS. Different pharmacy does nothing to change that.
                It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
                  im not approving her behavior, im saying i would have said just forget it i am not dealing with your failings and left. ive dealt with bad pharmacy.
                  Quoth Pagan View Post

Not necessarily. Could have been the one closest to the doctors and/or on the way home. Or they've changed insurance and don't think it's necessary to share with the pharmacy.

And when a doctor calls in a script, how are we supposed to get the prescription information? 9 times out of 10, it's a completely different card. Not to mention, techs can't take prescriptions over the phone, the pharmacist has to do that.
                  i went 3 months once with out the pharmacy realizing they wherent charging my insurance. sounds amazing but neither of us would have noticed because it was birth control and my insurance at the time would only cover 40 dollars of the cost for birth control and me and my parent just though my script was 75 dollars.
                  Turns out even though i gave them my card the tech never put in the info and i was paying full price. And the other techs never asked for my card again.

This is why i changed pharmacies. me and my parents had a nice discussion with the powers that be (rather comely considering) they refused to refund more than half my money i changed pharmacies the next day and did spend any more money of my pills until i was put on continues then i had to spend 35 dollars every 4 monthes much cheaper.

Comment

Whenever I'm going to pick up a prescription or have one filled I always ask if they need to see my insurance card, and have it ready.

The clinic I'm getting my prenatal care done through, kept refusing to bill my insurance, and was sending the bills directly to me, stating that their records showed I had no insurance. The funny thing is I called and presented my insurance card to them on 3 separate occasions, and each time they supposedly took down my insurance information and added it to my records.

They finally did get my insurance information added, and started billing insurance, but because of that whole fiasco I'm extra careful in making sure that my insurance information is on file.

Comment

im not approving her behavior, im saying i would have said just forget it i am not dealing with your failings and left. ive dealt with bad pharmacy.
                      This doesnt sound like bad pharm though. She went to pick up her script. They said it'd be an hour. If she'd been there before, they would have had her insurance information and verified it with her that it was still current. She should have shown them the card when she was told it'd be an hour. Its not the cashiers fault she wasn't given the information needed. How exactly was the cashier to know she had insurance? It also takes a whole hell of a lot more time, gas, and money to transfer a script AND get it filled. Chances are, being a huge bitch at counter, they put her script in the bottom of the fax file.

Quoth boringscreenname View Post
                      Whenever I'm going to pick up a prescription or have one filled I always ask if they need to see my insurance card, and have it ready.
                      Hey, hey, hey. Whats this reason and appropriate preparedness here?

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
                        Chances are, being a huge bitch at counter, they put her script in the bottom of the fax file.

Which is EXACTLY where it belonged, IMO.
                        "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
                          Which is EXACTLY where it belonged, IMO.
                          Its where it would have gone anyways. I made it sound vindictive when it wasn't. You go behind everyone else in line. Maybe she should look into having her health insurance company pay for a sedative. I pay 85$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for one medication I absolutely have to take every single month of every single year probably for the rest of my life.

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
                            Its where it would have gone anyways. I made it sound vindictive when it wasn't.
                            Oh, I know. But she deserves an extra couple of shuffles to the bottom of the pile, just for being a bitch.
                            "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
                              Oh, I know. But she deserves an extra couple of shuffles to the bottom of the pile, just for being a bitch.
                              I laughed and snorted. Oh dear. Get in chat so we can be horrible, vindictive bitches

Comment

Working...
                              X