This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear Customerssuck.com

EDIT - Kara here. I was going to delete this post if things went well, but I decided to leave it as is because that felt like I was taking back my thanks, I'm not. I mean this from the bottom of my heart. Oh and for those of you that saw the original message, court went well today. Details on page 2.

This is without a doubt one of the strongest, most supportive, most caring, and simply amazing communities anyone could ever ask for, and I'm proud to be a part of it. You were there for me when my world came crashing down, when I had lost all hope. At the beginning of January, well, I was in a very dark place and I couldn't see any way out of it. I found a lot of support, but I think you helped me get through this, to get where I am now. You were there when I was utterly broken, when I had literally lost everything I cared about. I sometimes had to wait to read your thoughts and prayers you sent me because I couldn't see through the tears. Those of you who were there for me in Chat, who were party to I don't even know how many emotional breakdowns and one night of drinking myself into unconsciousness thanks to my own depressed stupidity, who reminded me what I had left to live for and, on may occasions, reminded me to breathe, well, I appreciate you putting up with me more than I can ever possibly say. Where I once saw nothing but a barren wasteland of sorrow and self-pity in my future, I now see endless possibilities. I see life. I believe you contributed to that, and I am eternally in your debt.

Thank you. Thank you for being there, for giving me dozens of virtual shoulders to cry on. Thank you for talking me through the pain, the suffering, the hopelessness, and the fear. Thank you for reminding me I'm worth living for too. Thank you for just taking the time to listen. Thank you for being such wonderful friends.

Thank you for being you.

Thank you.

Customerssuck.com's Original Queen of Mean,

-Kara
    Last edited by Kara; 03-07-2011, 10:53 PM.
    "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Anytime. Just remember what I sent ya.

And uh, give us the news when you get it. I'm crossing my fingers. (Well, assuming it's good news.... if it's bad, I doubt we'd learn. I guess absence would be very bad).
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

:hugs:

I hope it all goes well Kara. I'm sending hopeful prayers your way.
      My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Good luck and good thoughts for you!
        "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Oo, Good luck. Im praying for you. Stay strong.

Comment

Good luck and may everything turn out all right for you.

Comment

Can't wait to hear how it all went, later today.

Good luck.
              Quote Dalesys:
              ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Good luck....

how long has she been in court now? 3 hours? no news yet?
                https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Been three hours since post, so take off an hour for wait...so two hours so far...
                  My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Good luck, Kara. All the best to you. It's time to hear some very good news.

Comment

Kara, you best be deleting this thread soon. We won't let bad things happen to you, this is not a request or a debate, nothing bad will happen to you
                      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Ah screw it. I'm leaving this here. Because I really mean every word of it.

Also, I'm going to live to fight another day. The case was continued until March 28th. This is because the county attorney screwed up and sent the notice of the charges to my court-appointed attorney and not the one I actually hired. They are required to provide a certain amount of time before going to trial, so they moved it.

I am so happy right now! Why? Because of what I found out. See back in December, at the PFA hearing, the judge asked my wife what shift she worked. She said she hadn't been working. I assumed she had been on leave. Turns out, she had actually quit. That's right, when the PFA was granted stating I could not enter her workplace, she was unemployed. Which is why my attorney told me there was no reason why I couldn't go to the store. However, she got her job back the day before I went in. But, it was completely impossible for me or my attorney to have known this, because she should have notified the county attorney of this fact so he could let us know.

As far as the witness, the gal who I thought said I was asking about my ex only said that I was walking up and down the aisles like I was "looking for something." When my attorney asked me if this was true before court, I said, "Yeah. Groceries." Turns out it was some kid who I don't even know. He was fairly new. According to him, I asked him if she was there and he told me he didn't know who that was. Then the police showed him a picture of me and he said yeah, that was me.

But wait. If he didn't know who I was until they police told him, and he didn't even know who my ex was, then how did he know to tell her that I was in there asking about her? Yeah, I don't expect that testimony to hold up. And even if it does, my attorney said I could have been asking just to make sure she wasn't there for all anyone knew, since she wasn't working there anymore (as far as we knew).

So yeah. They might as well have gift wrapped this for us. All it does is raise more questions about what happened and makes one wonder why they haven't just admitted there isn't enough evidence to go anywhere with this yet.

Oh, and I went to work afterward to tell them what happened and that everything should be fine. And since I was already talking to her anyway, I told HR Manager about me. She said, with no shock or wonder or anything, "Okay. Well let me know when you start making the bigger changes and I'll take care of it."

Happy, happy day
                        Last edited by Kara; 03-07-2011, 10:44 PM.
                        "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Yay!! Finally a some good news. And your work sounds really great. I am glad they are being so understanding.

many many hugs to you! You are always in my thoughts!
                          Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

That's great news! *happy dances*

I hope they get their heads out of their asses soon. It can't be comfortable up there.
                            The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Yay Kara!

And why they haven't just ended it? Prolly because the attorneys want to make sure they get their monies worth. Be my guess anyway.

But yay for idiocy on the other side!
                              My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Working...
                              X