This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick question....

WHO THE HELL PUTS SESAME SEEDS IN COOKIES?!?!?!

Pardon me, I have to go brush my teeth before i puke.

Edit: AND poppy seeds! Gross!
    Last edited by Dave1982; 03-14-2011, 10:55 AM.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

oh, I'm so sorry! (eheehee)
    It's better than discovering maggots. LIVE maggots.
    "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
    "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Those of us who think it's delicous and have several baked goods recipes based on them.
      How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Oh I know sesame seeds can go in baked goods.....but BREADS and similar items like bagels. When you bite into what you think is going to be a sweet cookie and get a mouthful of sesame seeds, its nasty.
        "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
          Oh I know sesame seeds can go in baked goods.....but BREADS and similar items like bagels. When you bite into what you think is going to be a sweet cookie and get a mouthful of sesame seeds, its nasty.
          I meant having them in cookies. They're delicious.
          How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Never seen sesame seeds in cookies before. Poppy seeds in lemon cookies, sure.
            Not sesame seeds.
            "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

There's a Greek cookie that has sesame seeds on top. I love sesame seeds.
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Heck, I've had sesame seed candy, and it's darn good stuff. But, I like sesame seeds. When I can find it, tahini (sesame butter) is great too!
                You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

I had a "gourmet" chocolate chip cookie the othere day...it had lime peel in it.

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
                    WHO THE HELL PUTS SESAME SEEDS IN COOKIES?!?!?!

Pardon me, I have to go brush my teeth before i puke.

Edit: AND poppy seeds! Gross!

OMG YUM what a great idea I'm all about little seeds and things

Quoth 24601 View Post
                    I had a "gourmet" chocolate chip cookie the othere day...it had lime peel in it.
                    I've made all kinds of stuff with lime/lemon/orange peel in it, including cheesecake and cookies....
                    GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Well, to each their own, I guess.

Heck, I suppose a decent recipe might taste good, but I had what I thought was a regular hermit cookie and in fact was something called a "healthy hermit" and tasted like shit. The sesame seeds just overpowered everything.

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

I have always liked those:

They are nice and sweet and sesamy .
                        Still, if you are expecting another taste, it is often horrible.
                        I like cola and I like coffee, but I have tried drinking one and expecting the other, from time to time, and that taste horrid .

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
                          Well, to each their own, I guess.
                          Precisely, Dave. Different strokes for different folks. While I like peanut butter, I am definitely a non-fan of peanut butter cookies. I just don't like them. Also, while my friend Little Red and I go out to restaurants and bars a lot, and agree on a lot of food, we do disagree on much as well. For example, she enjoys avocado with her sushi, while I despise it. She hates rum, I love it. I hate vodka, she loves it. She also loves olives, which may be (to me) the foulest things in existence.

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
                          Heck, I suppose a decent recipe might taste good, but I had what I thought was a regular hermit cookie and in fact was something called a "healthy hermit" and tasted like shit. The sesame seeds just overpowered everything.
                          Seems that the problem here was not the presence of sesame seeds in your cookies, but just a bad cookie recipe overall.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                          Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                          X