This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pullips anyone?

OK, so if you don't know what a Pullip is I'll explain briefly.

It's a Ball jointed doll with an over large head, about as tall as a Barbie doll and are from Japan. Made by June Planning.

They are similar to Gene Dolls. They are fashion dolls.

I was wondering if anyone collected/had/played/knew about them.

I have 2 myself, and I love them to pieces.

I'm apart of a pullips forum, but it's rather un-eventful, and since this site has daily traffic, I was in hopes that at least one other person knew/had them and i could converse more easily.

If anyone is interested in looking at them, here is the site I go to. http://pullipstyle.com/pullipstyle/i...a61ce15d63d9b5
    I can only please one person a day, today isn't your day, and tomorrow doesn't look good either.

When someone asks you a stupid question, give them a stupid answer.

I had never seen these before. I will say they're a lot cuter and look like more fun than a Barbie!
    The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

Comment

Quoth incognitocook View Post
      I had never seen these before. I will say they're a lot cuter and look like more fun than a Barbie!
      OMG yes! The best part...they are customizable.

I'll explain:

You can change the color of their eyes by getting what they call "eye chips." Also, they have wigs on their head so you can change them too. YET ANOTHER! You are capable of buying what are called "obitsu" bodies that are ball jointed. They are a better plastic body, with better range of motion for posing for photo shoots, and they have three bust sizes, vs the bust size of the original body.

Their eyes actually MOVE! And you can blink them...they are some of the most amazing dolls if i say so myself.

I could go on..but i'll wait until maybe more ask questions/someone has a new comment. :P
      I can only please one person a day, today isn't your day, and tomorrow doesn't look good either.

Comment

Oh wow! That's soooo cool! That settles it, I'll get these when I have kids instead of Barbies. I hate Barbies anyway! (Kids are a good excuse to buy dolls.) The other kids will be jealous because my kids' dolls will do so much more!
        The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

Comment

A bit of warning when you DO get them.

They are very persnicity dolls. Their faces are made out of a special plastic, so if they touch other plastic things for too long, the plastic will "melt" chemically.

These dolls aren't the most inexpensive, and their "customizable" options aren't all that cheap either. HOWEVER, they are FAR worth the money if you invest in their care and maintenance well.

I had barbies as younge as 3 years old...:P So i would not recommend them for that age. I think a good age to starte would be 10, and explain that these dolls are LIKE barbie, but are very much not. To take care about their faces, and to give them proper love.

No throwing the doll around, they can be fragile.

Nice note: Barbie clothes fit, but are sometimes too big, so the change in body is a good idea.

Also, the barbie furniture work very well for them, even if the furniture is a bit on the short side.

There is this Japanese miniature items called Re-ment, and they have VERY realistic foods and stuff. I'll put a link for it too. If anything else, those Re-ment sets are AMAZING to have withOUT dolls.

http://www.pinkponytail.com/Products_Re-Ment_Main.htm this is ONE of the sites i use to buy mine.

All the sites thus far given are payable with paypal.

Comment

Curse you, Surreal. I was just deciding I needed to cut back on my doll collecting. I didn't need new ideas.
            My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.---Cary Grant

Comment

Pullips are cute, but I'm personally more a fan of Iplehouse, Souldoll, and Dollmore (and SOOM's collection of monthly dolls). I'll never be able to afford any of the above, but...
              "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

hey cool they look kind like the type you can put into a doll house

Comment

I have one of the Taeyang dolls and I'm planning on soon getting another but it's really hard to decide on the one I want
                  http://pullipstyle.com/pullipstyle/p...products_id=89
                  is the one I have though I did buy him from ebay

Comment

ohh goggles make slicey happy

Comment

Quoth flybye023 View Post
                      Curse you, Surreal. I was just deciding I needed to cut back on my doll collecting. I didn't need new ideas.
                      LOL'd sooo hard on that one. I'm sorry to make you enjoy dolls more...no wait...i'm not :P

That just gives me someone else to have dolly fun with! I so wish there were peopel around my area who enjoyed these precious things. Or at the very least, someone who wants one and doesn't have one yet.

Oh, and PhsicoTEddybear, yea i like him too! I have the Sebastion the Teacher one. He's renamed Satan Daemon SaDiablo, but Daemon Sadi for short. I also have Raphia, who is named Janelle Angellin. They are my most prized dolls, and i have bunches of dolls...just not Pullips.

I am getting a few new Re-ment items tomorrow in the mail....SOOOO excited.

And Slice, yea they can fit into doll houses. Well...you need to get one large enough. The Barbie dollhouses are usually too short for the male dolls. If you have a dollhouse that has rooms that are at the very least 15 inches tall, you're good.

I'm going to make me one once my husband and i move to Albuquerque this June. I'm horribly excited to start this new project...i'm such a freaking arts and craft nut...i could do things for my dolls all day long and go broke if i didn't have a level head.
                      Last edited by surreal20; 03-16-2011, 05:03 PM.

Comment

I dunno about anyone else, but the best part about having Barbie dolls for my sis and I were mangling them by cutting their hair, dying the hair with sharpies, drawing tatoos with sharpies, oh, and switch the heads on the Barbie and Ken dolls....I don't think any of ours made it through our childhoods in one piece.
                        Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Quoth 42_42_42 View Post
                          I dunno about anyone else, but the best part about having Barbie dolls for my sis and I were mangling them by cutting their hair, dying the hair with sharpies, drawing tatoos with sharpies, oh, and switch the heads on the Barbie and Ken dolls....I don't think any of ours made it through our childhoods in one piece.
                          A girl after my own heart! My sisters and I never played traditional Barbie games. It was always "the giants are attacking" or something else crazy (we were the giants, of course ). Our Barbies were space aliens, goddesses, wild women who lived in the forest, and other things we found much more interesting than "model". We made our own Barbie clothes out of scraps of cloth or old nylons. My mom crocheted a few things, too.

I'm not much for dolls anymore but I will say those Pullips are kinda pretty.
                          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I think i played every day life things with barbies. I am pretty much sure of it, because i am so in love with the furniture and stuff so i can make a doll house for the pullips.

My mom also noted that when i was younger, i was always one for the food/kitchen items. I suppose that's a prelude to the fact that i like cooking now. lol

I too think the Pullips are really pretty, and the nice thing is you can customize them however you want (as i said) you aren't stuck with a generic barbie look...at least these girls are more realistic in proportion (except for the head :P )

Comment

Working...
                            X