This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Student Debt Free!

Well, now that the last payment has cleared, I can post here to say that I am now officially student loan free! After 4.5 years of slowly paying them off, Hubby and I realized we had enough in savings to clear out the debt in one last fell swoop, so I am now rid of those loans. Yay!
    "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
    - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Only 4.5 years? You must have had some good loans, most people are paying them off longer than a mortgage!

Congratulations and do something nice next month with your "payment" as a celebration (I did the same when my car was paid off).
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

That's awesome! I hope to say the same one of these days. Celebrate! It's a huge accomplishment!
      The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

Comment

Congrats!!
        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
          Only 4.5 years? You must have had some good loans, most people are paying them off longer than a mortgage!

Congratulations and do something nice next month with your "payment" as a celebration (I did the same when my car was paid off).
          thats cause people forget that student loan debt can't be forgiven at all and mortgages can to some extent and always try to pay of the mortgage first despite it looking better for them to be student loan free.

Comment

Any more debt? 'Cuz if not, then PARTAY on the big boat!
            "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
            "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Fscking AWESOME! Congrats and high fives from a student loan person
              In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
              She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

I remember paying off mine 6 years ago. It was a good feeling to be rid of that payment.

Congratulations.
                "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Mine got paid off last year. Was such a relief.
                  My sanity has been dripping out of me my whole life, today they turned on the faucet.....

Comment

YAY!!!! mine should be done next year.
                    Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
                      You're not wrong about that one, dragger. I've seen 50 y.o.'s still paying on those.
                      Back to the OP:
                      WAY TO GO, Kogarashi!!
                      Is that your last debt? If so, consider an IRA with what you were otherwise spending; if not put those funds to the remaining debt--it'll be a memory much sooner.
                      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
                      X