Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There are going to be some pissed off people tomorrow morning...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There are going to be some pissed off people tomorrow morning...

Back in January the board decided to get parking permits for each unit in my community. Each unit would get two resident (permanent / sticky) passes plus two guest (hang off the rear view mirror). Notices went out that the residents had 30 days to get their passes (either in person or they can fax / mail in the credentials and get the passes mailed to them).

Mid-February a notice went out to all the occupied units who haven't picked up their passes.

Early last week I taped notices on the mailboxes (where all the US mail comes in) stating they had to get their permits by March 18th or else their car would be towed.

Early this week was the final warning - I went around and put a piece of paper under the windshield wiper on each car that didn't have a pass. It said that they needed to contact the management company ASAP to get their permits and if they didn't by March 18th their car would be towed (we have no way of knowing if the car is parked here legally or not).

As of now, a few cars still don't have permits.

Monitoring starts tonight.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Quoth draggar View Post
    Monitoring starts tonight.
    What with my 15 years in the parking business, (1983-1998) I can imagine many scenarios of tenant reaction.

For some reason, the first one that came to mind was:

Tenant: "But you know my car!! I've been parking it here for years!!"

Anxiously awaiting updates!

Mike
    Meow.........

Comment

*Pulls a chair up next to Mike*

This should be good. Drink with that popcorn?
      Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
      Save the Ales!
      Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

*sits next to Mike and Squared* I got 5 pound bag of lemon jelly bellys and a 2 liter bottle of cherry pepsi, this oughta be good.
        ......../\
        ....../__\
        ..../\...../\
        ../__\../__\

Comment

I wish we would do something like that.. My townhouse is a 4 unit (yay end unit!!) with an 8 spot parking area, then street parking. My neighbor, who was the parking Nazi when I was moving in (zomg, don't back the truck up while you unload, you'll block someone else from parking there, forget the 7 other open spots) has turned into the parking douche. Meaning his company can park however/whenever they wish..

I can get a letter because someone left a straw in my yard that I didn't clean up fast enough, but we can go thru parking BS..

If they didn't get their parking pass, it's on them, y'all did more than enough notification.
          Everything is great when you're a kid, then you grow up and suddenly you're afraid of the monkey bars...

Comment

Pass that popcorn!

I have a block of Crunchie chocolate here as well....shhhh don't tell the boyfriend
            The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Looks like they didn't monitor last night - some cars that still haven't picked up their passes weren't towed. Maybe because technically it starts today (and they usually start monitoring 11pm).

So it may begin tonight...
              Quote Dalesys:
              ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

So we should expect a new thread from Argabarga any time now?
                "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
                  So we should expect a new thread from Argabarga any time now?
                  God, I hope so. It's been too long.

Comment

Quoth Sarah Valentine View Post
                    *sits next to Mike and Squared* I got 5 pound bag of lemon jelly bellys and a 2 liter bottle of cherry pepsi, this oughta be good.
                    Oh cherry pepsi! Can't get that up here.

I prefer Lemonheads myself. I really should see if I can find some.
                    I AM the evil bastard!
                    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

*giggles* can't wait for the report.

Please pass the popcorn, and i'll go make some cupcakes!
                      I can only please one person a day, today isn't your day, and tomorrow doesn't look good either.

When someone asks you a stupid question, give them a stupid answer.

Comment

*hands out M&Ms and juices boxes*
                        Let the show begin.

The only time I ever got bitchy about a parking violation was because they changed the rules without telling me. See, I wasn't around in Fall Semester so I didn't know the special snow clearing parking rules.

On my section of campus there are 24 units with 4 people in each, but there are only 12 parking spots. 11 if you don't count the handicap space, which I don't. So parking is a huge issue. There are a few other places where you can park 24 hours, but there are also some overnight spots that you can only stay in until 5am.

Anyway, when they clear the snow in the parking lot we are supposed to move the larger parking lot on the other side of campus. Overnight parking is supposed to be on the edges of the parking lot, and never in the center rows. Now, there was an e-mail sent that cars should be moved to that parking spot, so I moved it to where the parking map says you should overnight park in the lot. The next morning when I went to move my car back, I found a ticket from the school. I went to security and asked them about it. Apparently, when there is snow clearing we are supposed to move our cars into the center lanes, which students are not allowed to park in normally, so that the plow can clear the edges of the lot. The following week they issued out a second parking map, for days where the plow was coming.

The parking situation here is stupid.
                        Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
                        Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

Working...
                        X