Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YAY!!! We would miss you if you weren't here!
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• Looks like I picked a poor time to return!

Seriously, I hope the deal goes through. I'd like to be a part of this community again. If it doesn't work out, thanks for maintaining this place for the last 10 years, Raps. Thanks to all the mods. Thanks to all the long time posters, and the long time readers. Thanks to the new blood and the old money. Through uptime and downtime, this website has persisted since the '90s (according to Wayback Machine), and I sincerely hope it continues to do so, and would be more than willing to throw a few dollars a month toward ensuring it does so.
      Pretend there's something here that sounds insightful, but is really just some pseudo-intellectual bull.

Comment

• Quoth notalwaysright View Post
        Adventures of Lobotomy Girl is such a classic.
        Can you post a link to that thread? I tried searching and could not find it. Thanks!
        Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints...
        TASTE THE LIME JELLO OF DEFEAT! -Gravekeeper

Comment

• They're in the Annals.

http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ead.php?t=9519

http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=10044

http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=12088

Rapscallion

Comment

• I'm hoping against hope that the proposed deal Raps has been talking about the last few posts does come together, and things stay as they are, or get revitalized, rather than this place getting shut down or destroyed by someone with no clue. Because that would just add to the stellar list of craptastic things in my life this month. My year has started off in epically horrible fashion, to be honest.

But enough selfish whining on my part.

Raps, first and foremost, as I'm sure you know, you need to do what is best for you. A lot of people have come to call this place home over the years, and clearly that has weighed on your decision-making process, but in the end you have to put yourself first. I am sure that the vast majority of the good people here will support you in whatever decision you make. Because things would be lame without this place, but think how lame they would have been if this place hadn't been around for the last ten years. And that, my friend, is your doing.

So, with all sincerity and appreciation, let me thank you for what you've done for this site and its members over the last decade, and wish you well in whatever future endeavors you pursue. I shall raise my next libation in your honor.

And now, there is only one thing left to say to you, Mr. Rapscallion:

"Captain, my Captain!"

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

• Thanks, Raps!
              Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints...
              TASTE THE LIME JELLO OF DEFEAT! -Gravekeeper

Comment

• Yay!! I hope it goes through and the forum stays open...

Comment

• Just thought I'd throw this out here: If CS does shut down, maybe somebody could create a Customers Suck subreddit? There's already a Tales From Retail sub there.

Edit: Good news, the Customers Suck sub hasn't been claimed yet.

Comment

• Quoth dendawg View Post
                    Just thought I'd throw this out here: If CS does shut down, maybe somebody could create a Customers Suck subreddit? There's already a Tales From Retail sub there.

I'd be willing to throw up a forum and host it - might not be as nice and neat as this one but it would do the job.
                    Quote Dalesys:
                    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

• Quoth dendawg View Post
                      Just thought I'd throw this out here: If CS does shut down, maybe somebody could create a Customers Suck subreddit? There's already a Tales From Retail sub there.

Oh right, like I need another excuse to spend more time on reddit?
                      Random conversation:
                      Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
                      DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

• Quoth draggar View Post
                        I'd be willing to throw up a forum and host it - might not be as nice and neat as this one but it would do the job.
                        Just to clarify:

I'm doing the contract checking thing, and all being well the forum should switch hands at the end of February and ... not lose any content. There'll be a new owner, I'll be hanging on as advisor/admin, and intend to be around for quite some time after. In the unlikely event that everything falls through, I have several other interested parties who are offering something similar.

I can't see this place going anywhere.

Rapscallion

Comment

• Yay! Thanks Raps! I know you need to do what's best for you (I can't imagine how much time and effort it takes to run a place like this) but thank you for trying to do your best by us at the same time. You didn't have to go that extra mile, but it means so much to us all that you did.
                          "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

• I'll say it again.....Captain, my Captain!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                            Still A Customer."

Comment

• This is very, very good news!
                              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• Hooray! And thank you for caring about a smooth transition!

Comment

Working...
                                X