This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's all in the mind, you know.

After filling up, this SC came into the store shouting. Demanding to know why the pump always starts off saying 30 cents not zero, calling us rip-off merchants, etc. She claimed she'd asked all my co-workers about it (a claim I semi-verified with the co-workers who were there today) and nobody had an answer. Also that it happens at every service station.

After discussing it, we decided that the answer is that it doesn't really happen or there would be a lot more than just one person complaining about it. Also we'd have appeared on 60 Minutes by now.

sounds like a wannabe scammer

feed her to the lions

Comment

Tell her that the pump senses asshats and charges a tax between a nickel and a quarter depending on how bad of an asshat they are then mention that you've never, EVER, seen it go that high before.
      This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

Actually, it could be a malfunctioning LCD display. i.e. the two parts of the left side don't show and the middle always shows. That could make a zero look like a three. Combine that with her being unable to watch the display and see that it is broken would also explain the situation.

I have seen LCD displays malfunction in a similar manner, usually in response to physical damage, though, which seems a bit unlikely with a gas pump display. It probably wouldn't hurt for an employee to walk out and verify if this is the case, though. That's my

Comment

Sounds plausible, except for the part about it happening at every station.
          "Wouldn't that be unethical?"
          "That's only an issue for those who aren't already in Hell."
          --Dilbert

Comment

Quoth freaktard View Post
            Sounds plausible, except for the part about it happening at every station.
            And the fact that she's the only person who thinks it's happening. If there is a problem, the mouth-breathers and crack-heads among our customers can't spot it.

Comment

Working...
            X