This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Periods (not gross)

I work various swing shifts at the lab, and we get kindof silly late at night. It's nothing to hear people over the phone paging system start a series of jokes for all to hear. This is one of the things that makes my job bearable and many times pleasant - the familiarity and informality.

My boss doesn't have the greatest vision. I'm called on frequently to read reports for him or find something he dropped. He had also been half-jokingly complaining about the size of my decimal points when I fill out a data sheet. So, I endeavored to make them larger for his benefit.

A few nights ago, my two much older male coworkers, and my much older male boss and I were coming to the close of a long and stressful workday with some playful banter and complaining about customers. The topic of data sheets came up, wherein my boss pointed to me and complained to the others about my decimal points again.

I responded, nice and clear, with, "My periods are at least 20 percent larger than before!"

You could cut the silence with a knife until we all burst out laughing.
Working...
X