This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy Smoking Pretzels Batman!

This isn't much to actually complain about, but it did make my morning a bit more lively. Mods, move if desired. I just thought it was best placed here.

A guest on the ground floor put one of those soft pretzels in the microwave and turned on the machine. I have no idea how long he set the stupid thing, but it was long enough for the pretzel to actually Catch On Fire.

The smoke detector went off for a good while before I realized what the heck it was and disappeared to investigate. Luckly, it was slow today and most of the other guests had already either left for the day or checked out. So I find the guests just down the hall and the "Mother" in the group (a grandfather, a mother and her two sons) starts complaining about how Granddad could leave the pretzel in the microwave, how senile he was getting and a bunch of other rude, disrespectful things. Right in front of the guy! WTF?! Ever heard of Karma, lady? It's going to bite you on the ass one of these days!

I disappeared with Granddad to help him out in getting the smoke out of the room. I gave him the air freshener, hunted down the tool set and unlocked the windows to let the bad air vent out. Since it wasn't windy (a rare one these days, but good considering what day it is) we turned the fan on to help.

I had more of a problem with the disrespectful woman then the smoking pretzel. That was an accident. You can't hide ugly*.

*Note: I'm from southern US, we tend to use "ugly" as a description of a personality trait more then physical attributes.
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

What a bitch. Just cuz the old guy likes his pretzel extra crunchy doesn't mean you should make fun of him.
    "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Comment

Poor old guy. Probably just held the "0" button down one second more than he should've, and didn't realize. No need for his daughter to be so mean about it.

That's an ugly situation, right there. In the Southern sense.

Comment

Working...
      X