Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Things not to do when you want to get a job.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things not to do when you want to get a job.

So this resume came in today via e-mail with a cover letter. At the bottom of the e-mail/cover letter was this as the footer (distinguishing info removed):

GET THE LADIES TOGETHER & HAVE SOME FUN TONIGHT!

L.Y.F. Invites you to a Fun Girls Night With

UndercoverWear & Bedroom Magic
    Book Your FREE Party - Hostess Shops FREE

Reserve a Spot for You and a Friend at our Hostess Prep. Shows

Yada Yada Town & Surrounding Areas

Non-discriminating atmosphere so come as you are! Must be over 21 years old to enjoy all products!

Sizes small -3X at no xtra charge!! Lingerie, lotions, Oils, Adult toys, Couples Games

Email for invite to Hostess Prep Show or to book your FREE shopping Spree ***@yahoo.com
    Everyone in the office is laughing.

So now the question: Do I e-mail her and tell her that she probably should take that off or just that she isn't qualified (which, footer aside she isn't)?
    A crisis is a problem you can't control. Drama is a problem you can, but won't. - Otter

Yeah - I'm always careful to remove my sig. It's not like that - just a quote from Buffy - but still would be considered unprofessional.
    The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Comment

And this right here is why I will not use a sig on my email account.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I would just send her a short "We regret to inform you that you do not have the qualifications we are seeking in applicant. As an aside, you may wish to remove this as you continue your job search." Then block her address.

Comment

I vote don't say anything other than turning down her application. Let other employers have fair warning of what they're getting.
          The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
          "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
          Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
            And this right here is why I will not use a sig on my email account.

^-.-^
            I used a whole separate webmail account.
            ludo ergo sum

Comment

Working...
            X