Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why don't you just fly Singapore Airlines then?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why don't you just fly Singapore Airlines then?

I'm back at work flying after breaking a bone in my foot. Which means I'm pretty grumpy! And the customers get even more idiotic, I am wishing that I had been signed off sick a few weeks more now as I was still being paid my basic salary and enjoying pottering around - even if it was a little boring!

Anyway, I had the pleasure of working in our business class cabin recently. A very glamorous, well dressed lady and her little boy were travelling. Unfortunately nothing was good enough for her as everything we did was compared to Singapore Airlines.

Her: Do you have ice tea? *looks at menu, sees it is not listed and asks me anyway*
    Me: I'm sorry we don't, we do have other drinks instead .... *cuts me off*
    Her: Singapore Airlines does!
    Me: *smiles politely*

This basically went on the entire flight. We didn't have the right champagne, exotic tea or the right type of food. Singapore serves lobster apparently. She had the choice of chicken, beef, fish or pasta but no. She specifically wanted lobster because, you've guessed it, Singapore serves it!

The same with breakfast, I know some more exciting airlines do or did cook up fresh eggs. We don't. We have scrambled eggs and that's that.
    Her: My son wants a soft boiled egg and it must be soft boiled
    Me: I'm afraid we don't have fresh eggs, we just have scrambled.
    Her: WHAT? FOR GOD'S SAKE! Can this airline do anything right? Every time I fly it's nothing like Singapore!

The bathrooms, amenity kits, in flight entertainment...all rubbish apparently! I really did want to say then why the hell do you keep flying with us lady if Singapore is so amazing? But you know, all I can do is smile, bite my tongue and say sorry.

Sounds like you have an EW trying to get comped somehow.
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Could she have been banned from Singapore Airlines? That would explain why she's flying with your company instead.
      cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Quoth cindybubbles View Post
        Could she have been banned from Singapore Airlines?
        Can't say I blame them if that's the case
        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Does she think you're a flying restaurant? Jeez. The longest I've flown was about nine hours, maybe ten. We got two meals, and it was coach, so two options each. I don't remember exactly what they were, but I just remember it was very greasy and I was tired and nervous, and it made me nauseous. Obviously I didn't complain, what good would that do? So to whine about not having lobster is just...

And I agree, possibly she was banned. No matter how well dressed, a hag is a hag.
          Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

The last trip I took was on a bargain-basement airline that doesn't even provide free drinks or free snacks; you have to pay for those. Cards only.

So forgive me for not boo-hooing because this woman wasn't able to have iced tea or soft-boiled eggs.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Am I recalling correctly that Singapore Airlines is on the pricey side? That would allow them to offer more deluxe services. An alternative to being banned is that she wants high class service while paying lower rates. Of course, I could be recalling incorrectly, in which case, disregard everything I said.
              At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Which airline

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                Does she think you're a flying restaurant? Jeez. The longest I've flown was about nine hours, maybe ten. We got two meals, and it was coach, so two options each. I don't remember exactly what they were, but I just remember it was very greasy and I was tired and nervous, and it made me nauseous. Obviously I didn't complain, what good would that do? So to whine about not having lobster is just...

And I agree, possibly she was banned. No matter how well dressed, a hag is a hag.
                Not knowing which airline you work for, I know Singapore's Business Class is very expensive. You could well be a cheaper flight ($5,000 vs $10,000 per trip) with her expecting service she is too cheap to pay for.

Of-course there is the real possibility that Singapore Air does not do the route or the timing she needs so she is stuck with you no matter what she wishes.

And of-course there is the small chance that she has been banned, as the airlines love the money a business class traveller pays, but if she is disrupting the flight of a number of other business class travellers it is better to lose on high paying fare than several at once.

Comment

actually, I very much doubt they cook up eggs fresh on the plane. IIRC, what happens is most food preparation is done on the ground, while the final few minutes of heating are done on the plane.

but yeah, sounds to me like there's some reason she can't fly Singapore airlines, though it's always possible she lost most of her income and can no longer afford it (and hasn't yet got used to the lower service that comes with not paying so much for the ticket)- I doubt she behaves better to her SO ( I'm assuming an SO since she has a kid)

Comment

Champagne tastes meets beer money in the pocket .... it ain't pretty folks.
                    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth sstabeler View Post
                      actually, I very much doubt they cook up eggs fresh on the plane. IIRC, what happens is most food preparation is done on the ground, while the final few minutes of heating are done on the plane.

but yeah, sounds to me like there's some reason she can't fly Singapore airlines, though it's always possible she lost most of her income and can no longer afford it (and hasn't yet got used to the lower service that comes with not paying so much for the ticket)- I doubt she behaves better to her SO ( I'm assuming an SO since she has a kid)
                      I've had bibinbap on Korean Air. It includes a fried egg. Tasted fresh to me.

Flying coach on Korean Air was expensive. But then again, we were flying to FUCKIN' KOREA! And the service was outstanding for coach. They could teach US airline companies a lesson or two in customer service. It was by far the most pleasant flight I've ever been on, and for a 14 hour flight that's essential to prevent bloodshed between the customers. Google what happened between the dick with the Knee Defender, and the bitch who threw water in his face.

But the real problems with customer service on US owned airlines AREN'T THE FUCKIN' FAULT OF THE FLIGHT ATTENDANTS! They're the fault of moronic managers trying to squeeze every penny out of a thin profit margin business while paying themselves outrageous salaries.

Every flight attendant I've ever encountered on a US airline has never been anything but nice and professional. And I've seen the shit they put up with. Honestly, I don't know how they do it.
                      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Jeez, it's an AIRPLANE, not the Ritz Carlton! What else does she want, Gordon Ramsay to personally cook for her?

I haven't flown for years but my main priority on a plane is getting where I'm going in one piece, still breathing. Food is a very distant second.
                        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

She expects Ramsay to cook for her, but she deserves Amy.
                          To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

I've flown via Delta for my 16 hour flights. They've been pretty good. Free tv shows and movies on those long flights.

Royal Dutch Airlines was great. SO MUCH LEG SPACE!

Continental charged for literally every small thing.

Air New Zealand was pretty good. Quite enjoyed their service.

Overall, I've never been overly impressed with airline food, but that's partially because of the conditions. And also because I can't afford anything other than coach.
                            "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

I've flown Singapore. (Coach/Economy)
                              The service was spectacular, and I had only one complaint, and that was about a newer stewardess on my return-to-America flight (but she was kind, so it wasn't a big deal)

I understand wanting to sing them praises, but this lady...ugh. I would still smack her. You said it. If they're so great, why doesn't she use them? They're pretty versatile, lately.

Comment

Working...
                              X