Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why don't you just fly Singapore Airlines then?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
    But the real problems with customer service on US owned airlines AREN'T THE FUCKIN' FAULT OF THE FLIGHT ATTENDANTS! They're the fault of moronic managers trying to squeeze every penny out of a thin profit margin business while paying themselves outrageous salaries.
    In other words, the same crap that goes on in retail.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I've done a 15 hour flight (Melbourne, Australia to LAX) followed by a 9 hour flight (... and then to New York).

The food was unspectacular, but perfectly fine. The flight attendants were kind and helpful; and yes I happened to be wheelchair assist which was a great help. It was my first international flight and I was quite nervous about going through customs and so on.
      (What if they mistook me for a terrorist? )

(Yeah, I know. Wonder-bread-white Australian is surprise terrorist. Uh .. unlikely.)

And I met a group in the lounge between the two flights, who were all 'oh, we're first class, you can't do a nine hour flight in business class'.
      Me . o O ( I just did 15 hours in economy, and am about to do another 9, and I'm disabled, dude.... )
      Seshat's self-help guide:
      1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
      2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
      3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
      4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Price-wise, Singapore Air isn't really much more than any similar carrier or less in Business or First. As for being booted, despite what is reported in the media, it takes a LOT to be banned from an airline, trust me. I'm sure the OP would agree.
        Last edited by Peppergirl; 08-29-2014, 03:58 PM.
        "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth cindybubbles View Post
          Could she have been banned from Singapore Airlines? That would explain why she's flying with your company instead.
          This wouldn't surprise me. She sounds like a right piece of work.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
            Champagne tastes meets beer money in the pocket .... it ain't pretty folks.
            We used to call that a $30,000 millionaire.

They make $30,000 a year, but want to act like (or be treated like) a millionaire.
            Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
              We used to call that a $30,000 millionaire.

They make $30,000 a year, but want to act like (or be treated like) a millionaire.
              I went to a private school for a fair amount of my schooling [well, actually I went to 3 different private schools, a Catholic pre-school in Germany and 2 whole years in public school between different schools.] In my final school, I had the children of the pre-Khomeni Iranian <major political figure> with me, the son of a Danish ambassador, and even cooler, the son of a major orchestra conductor [his dad plays a mean jazz violin] and for my senior prom, I went with a Kennedy. I *know* how millionaires act, and most of them [old money especially] are polite and know to treat 'servants' like regular human beings who just happen to be doing something for the millionaire. The do not treat people like slaves or dogs. That is a 'new money' thing. Just like I grew up with maids lurking, so I know how to work with a servant around, and I worked in bars and restaurants, and in various forms of customer service, I know how to play nice with people who happen to be doing me a service.

I really hate new money jackasses.
              EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Singapore Airlines are pretty nice, their business class cabin is lovely and the product itself is probably better than the one my airline has. I do think our service, food, seats etc are very good, just not as amazing as some other airlines.

Why she had to tell me how great they were for the entire flight I do not know! It does take a lot to ban someone from an airline, she wasn't abusive enough to get banned, just quite rude and annoying!

Comment

I flew Northwest to Japan twice and the service between international and domestic flights was like night and day. I'd imagine Delta kept that part of things up.

As for the fish....I hope none of you ate the fish.....If you did, you'll be convulsing and stuff.....and your co-pilot may be Roger Murdoch....

Comment

Quoth mikoyan29 View Post
                    As for the fish....I hope none of you ate the fish.....If you did, you'll be convulsing and stuff.....and your co-pilot may be Roger Murdoch....
                    Surely there's something you can do.
                    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                      Surely there's something you can do.
                      Stop calling me Shirley

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                        Does she think you're a flying restaurant? Jeez. The longest I've flown was about nine hours, maybe ten. We got two meals, and it was coach, so two options each. I don't remember exactly what they were, but I just remember it was very greasy and I was tired and nervous, and it made me nauseous.
                        Many moons ago (March 1990) when I was in college, I had to fly from Mexico City into Juárez (Aeroméxico didn't fly into El Paso at the time) from my Spring Break trip to Cancún. (The story of that trip is long and for another time.)

It was an early morning flight and they served breakfast. To this day, almost 25 years later, I still have no idea what it was. But I was starving and it was hot.

I was also able to board the plane with an obsidian knife rolled up in my carry-on sleeping bag...
                        It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
                          Price-wise, Singapore Air isn't really much more than any similar carrier or less in Business or First. As for being booted, despite what is reported in the media, it takes a LOT to be banned from an airline, trust me. I'm sure the OP would agree.
                          Toth witnessed someone being banned from an airline once.

They were one hour out of New Zealand, after an LAX->New Zealand flight. (Next leg was to Melbourne, aka home.)
                          Smoke alarm, emergency masks, the whole works. Stewards/esses running around looking for the fire. Found it. In the washrooms. Smoker who Just. Couldn't. Wait.

Dude lived in America. Was supposed to be going to Australia. The airline they were on wouldn't carry him. None of the other airlines would. He didn't have a visa for New Zealand.

Toth didn't know what happened to him after that.

Also, Toth is effectively 'banned' from long-haul flights. Not for misbehaviour.
                          He's got a cardiac syncope illness: basically, his heart can stop, mimicking a 'heart attack' type cardiac arrest, for little reason.
                          Unfortunately, something about long haul flights tends to trigger it. Which means whichever attendant is in his section is required to go into 'first aid emergency' mode for no good reason, and he got met by an ambulance last time he was on a long haul flight and ... meh. It sucks for everyone involved.

I don't know if the airlines asked him to not take flights, or if he's decided it himself. It'd be very like him to do so: wasting time and resources on a false 'emergency' is very much against his personal credo.
                          But it's also a situation which could easily lead to pilots, air traffic control and emergency personnel's time being wasted when their attention is actually needed elsewhere, so I can see airlines and/or the air traffic system asking him politely to please use ground transport where possible.
                          Seshat's self-help guide:
                          1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                          2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                          3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                          4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

I was very tempted to make a reference, but I already derailed an entire thread recently because of another quote from the movie.

And that's not Roger Murdoch. That's Kareem Abdul Jabar. He plays basketball with the Los Angeles Lakers. I think he's the greatest, but my dad says he doesn't work hard enough on defense.
                            To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                              That's Kareem Abdul Jabar. He plays basketball with the Los Angeles Lakers. I think he's the greatest, but my dad says he doesn't work hard enough on defense.
                              He doesn't play any longer. He retired in 1989.
                              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                              My LiveJournal
                              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit amphetamines.
                                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
                                X