This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
    This woman thinks if she gets someone fired she will be hired instead?
    I once read about this situation in an old Donald Duck comic book…
    "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

Quoth Bloodsoul View Post
      I once read about this situation in an old Donald Duck comic book…
      I for one take all of my employment advice from Carl Barks.
      Each one of us has a special place just like the Evergreen Forest. Enchanting, sparkling, and perfect. And, like the flowers that bloom there... fragile.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
        Is it just me, or did they come within a hair's breadth of sneaking that joke into Thriller? (just after the 4:05 mark - listen to the "cops" in the unseen movie)
        That's a running joke in John Landis' films (he directed the Thriller video)...at some point in all of them, you will hear or see the phrase "See You Next Wednesday". It's a tribute to a line in 2001: A Space Odyssey.

Comment

What happens when she gets hired? What would she do to someone whose shift she wanted? Or if she wanted a manager job? You'd have to hide all the knives. It would be kinder to all the employees though if one of the managers would be honest and tell her she isn't welcome if she treats people that way.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
            You mean like saying, "See You Next Time" to a nasty customer?
            Reminds me of this comic (I seem to be doing this a lot): http://www.dominic-deegan.com/view.php?date=2004-01-09
            "People can be relied upon to assert, with vigor, their god-given right to be stupid." from Seize the Night by Dean Koontz

Comment

Quoth kmariem View Post
              Reminds me of this comic (I seem to be doing this a lot): http://www.dominic-deegan.com/view.php?date=2004-01-09
              Darn you. Darn you to heck. The last thing I needed was another web comic At least this one's complete.
              "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Working...
              X