Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jackie Chan movies have all kinds of great stuff at the end.

I paid $8 for the seat to see the movie, the whole movie. I paid WAY too much for your popcorn. Don't like it that I want to watch the WHOLE movie? Stuff it.

there's nothing more, just go already
    To this guy, my response would be: go get your manager. I'm not leaving until you do.
    "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

I've only ever stayed through the credits once, with the exceptions of movies I knew ahead of time had extra scenes at the end. That was one of my first dates with the girl I'm going to marry, and it was because we knew her parents would be waiting outside for her when we finished up inside, so we stayed. Even then, when the credits were done, we left, and even beforehand we were packing up our stuff, and I saw ushers cleaning. I didn't mind.

I personally couldn't care less about who made the film. My grandfather is a sitter because he does, and I respect that, but I also remind him before going into a theater that the place is understaffed, and that the ushers need to start cleaning during the credits in order to do their job right, and not to get bent out of shape if they need to clean his row, and that he should just move to the isle and wait if he wants to so he can make it easy and pleasant for everyone. Then when it's over I go play time crisis in the lobby.
      "Darling, you are a bitch. I'm joining the Navy." -Cinema Guy 4/30/2009

Comment

Sounds like quite a few of us stay for the end of the credits. I too, always make sure to take my trash out with me. Most of the movies I go to, there are a handful of people staying until the end of the credits. It doesn't seem to be enough to impede any cleaning efforts, and if I'm in the way, I will move. It is interesting to see where the movies are filmed, and I like watching for the 'bonus' scenes. I still remember the one from "Ferris Bueller's Day Off".
        That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

4. Pick up after your self. Yes, I know that's what i get payed for. But you could give us a hand. It takes longer to clean a messy theatre than a clean one. and the trailers say "Please use trash receptical". So use the f-ing trash can. We are not your mother.
          I always carry my garbage out to the trash can, and wouldn't think of just leaving it sitting in the theater. What is wrong with people who do that? I never thought that it was the usher's job to clean up my mess. If I carry it in there, I'm carrying it out...people can be such pigs

Comment

Speaking as a former movie theater employee, the credit watcher sdidn't bother me unless we were slammed and had several other theaters to clean. Sometimes movies get out at the same time and when there are lots of credit watchers, it slows down our cleaning time because per company policy we couldn't clean when customers were still sitting down. When you have this in all of the theaters, it slows down the cleaning process. Sometimes we would just quickly clean (not get it spotless) because of time restraints and angry customers yelling at you so they could sit down and get seated for the next show. Our movies were spaced so we would have atleast 15 minutes to clean, but in a packed house, it took longer to clean properly as 90% of people didn't know how to throw their trash away and in general people are not neat in theaters.

I understand why people watch the credits as it part of the movie and I was never rude to anyone who stayed. It was just part of the job.

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
              Some movies put fun stuff in the credits! Finding Nemo, Happy Feet...they had some really cute stuff. Even Hot Shots (remember that one? I saw it while on vacation years ago in Stone Harbor, NJ; it was a rainy day so we went to the movies) had goofy stuff in the credits, but you had to actually be paying attention and read them. Among other things, I recall there was a brownie recipe...
              I have to admit, I will sometimes stay and watch credits. It depends on several things, if someone mentions something at the end of them, if I've drank an entire large soda during the show, and what people with me want to do...

My personal belief is that it's part of what I paid money for. If theater management cannot time their movies better than that, it's their problem. I also don't mind too much if the folks come in and start sweeping up while they're running, as long as they don't get in my way..

Eric the Grey
              In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

I'll stay and watch films to the credits if it's the type of film with a special scene...
                Pirates, most kids films, big blockbusters...
                Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

As a cinema employee its annoying, not sucky, just annoying.

As a movie lover, I like to read the credits - especially the cast.

As for pirates II, why anyone would wait through nearly 15 minutes of credits(yeah big CG effects movies have loong credits) to see the stupid dog on throne, I'll never know.

And for pirates III, well they really should have put that scene at the end of the movie.

----
                  Our cinema has us hold the doors waiting for every customer to come out and say 'Thank you' to them. We cannot clean up while customers are watching the credits. And we cannot let anyone into the screen until it is clean.

Sometimes it is crazy trying to get the screens clean. Especially since big films often have interlocked prints and so two big screens finish at the exactly same time.

So yeah, it is frustrating. But not sucky.

And I wish I'd stayed to the end of Cloverfield the other day.
                  "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth cinema guy View Post
                    And for pirates III, well they really should have put that scene at the end of the movie.
                    I'm beginning to think the whole reason for this tactic is to get people to actually sit through the credits (and maybe read them) rather than leaving before they're done. The movie industry does some weird things sometimes...

Eric the Grey
                    In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

We wouldn't want all of those digital compositors to go unrecognised would we?

Comment

Quoth Eric the Grey View Post
                        My personal belief is that it's part of what I paid money for. If theater management cannot time their movies better than that, it's their problem. I also don't mind too much if the folks come in and start sweeping up while they're running, as long as they don't get in my way..
                        I find myself agreeing with most folks here, and especially these sentiments. If I'm paying for a movie, then that includes the credits. If a theater worker wants to start working while I'm still in there watching the credits, I have no problem with that. I also make an effort to ensure that both my and my companion's garbage are properly disposed of, since I know what slobs people who are watching movies can be.

And while I understand why movie theaters space their films so close together, that doesn't then mean that I have to hurry and miss part of what I've paid for. If the theater employees need more time to clean then management should either space out to the movies more or allow their workers to enter the theater once the majority of patrons have left.
                        Be a winner today: Pick a fight with a 4 year old.

Comment

Quoth RetailActress View Post
                          In the "10 Minutes Before Closing" thread, I just read a comment by a theatre employee about people who stay through the last credits of a movie, and how the employee wishes they would JUST LEAVE!

Oh, dear --- I am conflicted here. While my greatest customer peeve is when we're closing and they DON'T LEAVE - hate that hate that hate that!! - I also must confess that I am one of those people who sit through the last credits. This is because I am interested in two things: what the MUSIC was, and WHERE it was filmed. These facts are always displayed LAST!

Yes, I know, I could look these things up online, but I'm already sitting there, they're about to be flashed on the screen in front of me, and it's part of my whole movie-going experience. I beg you .... please don't despise me for this.

Or was your complaint just about the LAST late-night showing, which ended at what, around 3 a.m.? OK, that would never be me. I hope this reduces my potential suckitude.

With sincere concern,

R.A.
                          I'm sure it's been said, but staying to the end of the credits is OK. You paid for the movie, credits and all. Any theatre employee who gets on your case for wanting to watch the credits just needs to take a chill pill.

I worked at a theatre for 4-5 years, so I know my stuff. Though, being a projectionist, it was annoying sometimes. I wanted to run the credits through faster so I could rethread the projector and get to the next. But, when people are in there, you're required to wait and let it run.

Comment

Quoth solidmetalgear19 View Post
                            Then dude, you have never worked in a 20 screen cinema that's opened from 9/10:30 in the morning (sometimes earlier) to 10-11:45 at night. That's opened year round, rain or shine. Try that, understaffed and with multiple theatres getting out simultaneously.
                            I understand being frustrated when you are understaffed. Everyone in your shoes would probably be frustrated as well. OTOH, being understaffed isn't directly the fault of the customer. Management is trying to squeeze as many people into the complex at the same time while having less staff on hand. I think if I were in your shoes, I would be more pissed at the management than the customers.

Comment

Quoth ladodger34 View Post
                              I understand being frustrated when you are understaffed. Everyone in your shoes would probably be frustrated as well. OTOH, being understaffed isn't directly the fault of the customer. Management is trying to squeeze as many people into the complex at the same time while having less staff on hand. I think if I were in your shoes, I would be more pissed at the management than the customers.
                              Exactly! This is true is many threads I see here.

When you are rushed, don't blame the customer. Blame management who keeps your place of employment understaffed for their $$$ benefit.

Remember, most folks are NOT SCs. They just want what they paid for. It's completely reasonable. And, they're the reason we all get paychecks.

PS: I haul out all my garbage, too. I just wish some theaters didn't have "fashion" garbage cans with tiny little holes. Just put out a huge rubber-like garbage can that's easy to dump the dump-truck-sized popcorn tubs into.
                              "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Quoth Alpha Strike View Post
                                If the theater employees need more time to clean then management should either space out to the movies more or allow their workers to enter the theater once the majority of patrons have left.
                                Our management have done just that. Cleaning while customers are watching the credits is verboten. Customers must not even see us waiting with cleaning materials. So the films are spaced out - 20-40 minutes cleaning time, even at weekends.

Comment

Working...
                                X