Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Mom likes to sit up high and watch the credits. She also has a problem with her legs not liking to work after sitting so long. So when the movie ends I'm usually helping her flex them while she watches the credits. If people are still in the theater with us I'll let her watch a bit more, if the last ones are getting their stuff together to go I'll start helping her up and over to the steps.

That begins the slow crawl down the steps in which I'm watching every step and sometimes stopping her from tumbling forward. If I notice someone leave their trash I do commet a bit loudly on how I'm glad I know how to pick up MY trash and how sad it is that other 'intelligent' people can't. Sometimes people go back embarrassed, sometimes I get yelled at for being a noisy witch.

If the team waiting to clean has had to wait a bit I say little sorries and wish them good evenings.

So...does that make Mom and I bad customers to those who work or have worked in the industry?

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
      That begins the slow crawl down the steps in which I'm watching every step and sometimes stopping her from tumbling forward.
      <snip>If the team waiting to clean has had to wait a bit I say little sorries and wish them good evenings.

So...does that make Mom and I bad customers to those who work or have worked in the industry?
      Not speaking for others, but if I saw someone having obvious difficulty navigating the stairs, that's instantly +10 sympathy points from me, and about 12 extra feet of slack. I had some co-workers point out "Hey, why don't they just sit lower?" They quickly recanted when I asked if they've ever sat in those seats. Now, wishing me good evening? That gets you +500 gratitude points if it seems even halfway sincere, and a sorry might get you sainthood.

See 6,000 people on a shift, and you know how many reply when we say "Have a good night"? Maybe a dozen. I'm so glad I'm out of that job now.
      Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

The Dells?
        That would be it

still work there to this day...in a mall...and at a waterpark (in the summer)
        Last edited by king4aday; 02-20-2008, 03:00 AM. Reason: fixing quote thingy
        "I hope we never lose sight of one thing, it was all started by a mouse" --Walt Disney

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
          That begins the slow crawl down the steps in which I'm watching every step and sometimes stopping her from tumbling forward. If I notice someone leave their trash I do commet a bit loudly on how I'm glad I know how to pick up MY trash and how sad it is that other 'intelligent' people can't. Sometimes people go back embarrassed, sometimes I get yelled at for being a noisy witch.
          I would NEVER say a word against someone who is obviously having mobility issues. Although as I have said, I would have never said something to someone who was watching the credits either.

As far as mobility issues go, I probably would even ask if there was any way that I could make it easier for them to pass through the crowds. After having friends with differing abilities (I HATE the term disability), I have learned that if I can help in any way all I need to do is ask...if they say they dont need any help I just say have a great evening and let them go on their way.
          "I hope we never lose sight of one thing, it was all started by a mouse" --Walt Disney

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
            Nope, absolutely not.

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
            See 6,000 people on a shift, and you know how many reply when we say "Have a good night"? Maybe a dozen.
            So true. Except for the seniors and the hordes of bikers who came to see Wild Hogs.
            "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Now, wishing me good evening? That gets you +500 gratitude points if it seems even halfway sincere, and a sorry might get you sainthood.
              Wow. I had no idea I had so many point built up. I always thank/apologise to the cleaning crew if it looks like we've held them up. I usually add a "have a nice night" too. Yay me.
              The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
              "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
              Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth king4aday View Post
                That would be it

still work there to this day...in a mall...and at a waterpark (in the summer)
                I'm smart.

And jealous. I haven't been to the Dells in YEARS.
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

See 6,000 people on a shift, and you know how many reply when we say "Have a good night"? Maybe a dozen. I'm so glad I'm out of that job now.
                  I'm not sure if I've ever wished an usher a good night. But, if one of the exit greeters says something, I'll respond sincerely.
                  "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                    I'm smart.

And jealous. I haven't been to the Dells in YEARS.
                    You should come back...its AMAZING now. SOOOO much more stuff to do. I work at the ark all summer . This will be my fifth summer working there. Im only going to be working Fridays and Saturdays this year though because I have a regular full time job now

Comment

Quoth king4aday View Post
                      You should come back...its AMAZING now.
                      We'll see how my vacation schedule works out this year.
                      Unseen but seeing
                      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                      3rd shift needs love, too
                      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                      X