This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At the bank today....

Okay, I might have misunderstood the teller, but if my hunch was correct I could have got her into serious trouble....

Was at the bank waiting, and I was first in line waiting for the 3 tellers to finish. The one that I noticed was almost done with her customer was a cute brunette, and as I saw her customer leave I went to go up to her and she said, "hold on one moment I'm almost finished." I say "ok" and stop.

However, she seems to dilly-dally with papers and never calls me over. It was then one of the tellers that was handling the drive-thru saw this and waved me over so she could help me. So, I go over to this woman's window and just as I do, the brunette waves this big muscle-bound dude over and doesn't seem have any problems clearing her work for him.

I was temped to tell my teller "I think that other girl over there blew me off to help that bodybuilder over there," but decided not to because in case my signal reader is broke and I was wrong, I could get someone in trouble for nothing and thus become a SC.

how long were you waiting it should never take more than 30 seconds after a transaction because most of that is suppose to be done before you get a recepit from the printer...

Comment

That would never fly where I work. As soon as we're done with our customer, we call the next one over. Any printing that needs to finish can be done while we greet the next customer. Sure we all have customers we'd rather not help, but we do it anyway because that's our job.
      Suddenly, Vermont became the epicenter of the dystopia.

Comment

I would've said something. I hate that.
        "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Maybe just casually mention to the other teller how odd it was that her paperwork dragged out while you were in line, but snapped finished the moment the bodybuilder was available.

And while we're on the subject, bodybuilders = ew. Bulging muscles are disgusting. I like knowing they're there, but I don't wanna see 'em.
          "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking." - George Patton

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Comment

You know, this is completely off topic, well sort of, it's to do with banks. But in the UK people are re-claiming bank fees charged to them retroactively. If only this were to happen here, you don't know how many times I went over my account by something like $40.00 and it ended up costing me over $350.00 because it was all little 5 - 10.00 charges and your hit with fuck me running fees. I'd be freaking rich!!

Comment

Quoth Sylvia727 View Post
              bodybuilders = ew
              Who wants to walk around looking like a condom full of walnuts?

Comment

And while we're on the subject, bodybuilders = ew. Bulging muscles are disgusting. I like knowing they're there, but I don't wanna see 'em.
                I agree. It looks good now, but someday that bulk won't look at good. I would have been mad as well. That was so sucky on the tellers part. I definitely think she blew you off to help him, but I am pretty passive so I wouldn't have said anything either.

Comment

Quoth edible_hat View Post

Another one for the "to be said at work" file.
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth edible_hat View Post
                    Would be nice for a week or two...

By the way, walnuts come in boxes these days.

Rapscallion

Comment

Well, to be fair, it *might* have been coincidence, as often the tellers at my bank can take as much as 3 or 4 minutes to clear a particularly complicated transaction, but the customer's portion was done, so they were let go. But those are the transactions where the customer was up there for 15-20 minutes trying to get everything sorted. To me, it would depend. Did the teller actually just pick up what she was working on and set it to the side? Or did she actually put it away? To the side, you got dissed. Put away, bad timing.
                      Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth GolfCart34 View Post
                        That would never fly where I work. As soon as we're done with our customer, we call the next one over. Any printing that needs to finish can be done while we greet the next customer.
                        Geez I wanna come to your bank, I feel like I'm always waiting behind the ropes while they finish up their last transaction. Not that I actually mind, everyone there is sooo nice.

Comment

Working...
                        X