Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It actually says to add half a *can* of water, then to heat gently and stir continuously. All the words are in a standard translation dictionary, but Google doesn't use a conventional dictionary so it misses a lot of "technical" words.

It is, admittedly, nearly the same as half a cup, but easier to measure without relying on what size of cup the average inept bachelor has to hand. It turns out to be just enough to allow breaking down all the lumps - it's virtually solid in the can - so reasonably accurate measuring is a plus.

I very much doubt that anyone pays attention to the seasoning part. People who care about that are probably capable of making better soup from scratch.

Comment

Quoth Chromatix View Post
      I very much doubt that anyone pays attention to the seasoning part. People who care about that are probably capable of making better soup from scratch.
      I've done it before, I'd run out of money and it was a couple days till my next paycheck and all I had were some cans liek that i'd kept in a cupboard for just such an emergency (or the zombie apocalypse, whichever happens first).

I still had plently of spices in my spice rack so after i'd done with it it was almost as good as homemade.
      "You can only try so hard to look like you are working before actually doing your work seems easy in comparison" -My Boss

CW: So what exactly do you do in retentions?
      Me: ummm, I ....retent stuff?

Comment

My users are a gold-mine of d'oh. Earlier this week my Exchange server decided to misbehave, yet again. Long story short, it's one of multiple VMs on a seriously overloaded box. Anyways, when I got it running again and my Outlook connected up, the first message in my inbox read:

In case you didn't know: We don't have access to e-mail.
        Always on the ball, this user. Sending me an email to tell me the email is broken.

Comment

Quoth Buffalo View Post
          In case you didn't know: We don't have access to e-mail.
          I get that email everytime the email or network goes down. I'm making some headway in explaining the situation to my users by telling them, "Look, you can write a letter, stick a stamp on it, and even stick it in the pickup box, but if the one mailman in town is out sick, it is not going to go anywhere until he gets better."
          The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
          "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
          Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
          X