This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clear off the snow!

Dedicated to everyone who wishes other drivers would clear the snow off their cars!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEBnsZNuWyM (relevant clip is at 14:10)

It ticks me off when jerks drive around with snow crowns on their cars because it blows off into other people's windshields.

It does entertain me when the driver has to stop and that snow crown slides off their roof onto their hood, making them have to get out and clean it off their cars. Bonus points if the snow rips off their windshield wiper blades as well

Comment

My first car was from the early 80's. If I didn't clear everything off, it would all blow over and cover my rear window. Even though the car I have now doesn't have this happen, I still clear everything off out of habit.

Comment

There's really no point in not clearing off the snow from your car. Why haul around all that extra weight and burn more fuel? Why risk the snow sliding down and obscuring your windows?
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
          There's really no point in not clearing off the snow from your car. Why haul around all that extra weight and burn more fuel? Why risk the snow sliding down and obscuring your windows?
          You underestimate the power of lazyness. And wishful thinking ("That will blow off as I drive!"). And not caring about anyone but themselves ("If it blows off in a big chunk behind me, that's not my problem."), and occasionally of being short ("But I can't reach the snow up there without climbing off of the ground.") (Lazy again).

Comment

Quoth LoTech View Post
            You underestimate the power (snip)occasionally of being short ("But I can't reach the snow up there without climbing off of the ground.") (Lazy again).
            Or the power of conflicting laws. State law requires clearing snow, but workplace health and safety legislation prohibits working more than 4 feet off the ground without fall-stop gear. The trailer roof is at 13'6", and there is no provision to anchor fall-stop gear.
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth LoTech View Post
              You underestimate the power of ...f being short ("But I can't reach the snow up there without climbing off of the ground.") (Lazy again).
              Admittedly, this is a problem. But I would thing a long-handled shovel or brush would help there. Or getting a car that's lower to the ground.
              Quoth wolfie View Post
              Or the power of conflicting laws. State law requires clearing snow, but workplace health and safety legislation prohibits working more than 4 feet off the ground without fall-stop gear. The trailer roof is at 13'6", and there is no provision to anchor fall-stop gear.
              Ah, yes, that would be a problem.
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                You also underestimate the power of shortness vs big SUV's... when I drove my Pathfinder I literally couldn't get all the snow off the top. Just not tall enough, even with the sweepy thing fully extended. The rack on top didn't help.

Comment

Tip for short people with tall (compared to other class 1) vehicles: There are 2 basic kinds of snow brushes. The "sweep" ones (brush is parallel to handle) and the "pull" ones (brush is at right angles to handle). Some of the "pull" ones have a brush head that rotates into the "sweep" position, and even a telescoping handle, for compact storage.

The "pull" brushes are MUCH easier to use when clearing snow off something at head level or slightly higher (such as the hood of my truck) than the "sweep" ones are.
                  Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

While I often curse the cold at my bus stop, I don't miss clearing off the car. At least I can have my hands in my pockets while waiting for the bus!
                    "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                      The "pull" brushes are MUCH easier to use when clearing snow off something at head level or slightly higher (such as the hood of my truck) than the "sweep" ones are.
                      I'm not short, but I use the same thing that car dealers use. It's called a Sno Rake. Soft foam rubber head on a long handle.

Like this one

Comment

Working...
                      X