This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Space movies

Good news! There's a new space-type movie on the way! With heroes and villains and swords of light an-...."Star Wars"? Never heard of it. I meant a sequel to the greatest space flick of all time...

SPACEBALLS!

http://nerdist.com/a-new-spaceballs-...to-mel-brooks/
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

I LOVE SPACEBALLS! I could quote it to you, mostly. Excited! Kind of wish I were closer to N.O. 'cause we could go see it. I have a feeling you'd be fun at the movies.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
      Good news! There's a new space-type movie on the way! With heroes and villains and swords of light an-...."Star Wars"? Never heard of it. I meant a sequel to the greatest space flick of all time...

SPACEBALLS!

http://nerdist.com/a-new-spaceballs-...to-mel-brooks/

YES!!!!

I am SO going to see this!! I have the original on VHS (Need to get it on DVD...)

Dark Helmet: "I see your Schwartz is as big as mine..."

Lone Starr: Oh, great. That's just what we needed: a Druish princess.
      Barf: (looks at the camera) Funny. She doesn't look Druish.
      Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

"It's my industrial strength hairdryer AND I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT IT!"--so me.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Oh shit. There goes the planet.
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I knew it . . . I'm surrounded by ASSHOLES!
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

That's the same combination I have on my luggage!

Comment

"When will then be now?"

"Soon!"

"How soon?!"

"WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO???!?!?!?!?!?!" *helmet closes*
                Goofy music!
                Old tech junk!

Comment

Snotty beamed me twice last night....../.....
                  I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                  -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Apparently, filming may begin as soon as February.

FL - That would be cool ^__^ I wish I were closer to N.O., as well, but I moved up to kinda sorta near Ole Miss about 3 years ago to be closer family (also, back problems due to an auto accident). I still visit home yearly or so.
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

It better be called The Search For More Money or I will be disappointed.
                      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                        It better be called The Search For More Money or I will be disappointed.
                        That's the impression given by the linked article. Personally, if they actually end up making it, I hope it's done better than the animated series from several years ago. Haven't seen any of it, admittedly, but the impressions I've gotten have generally been not-so-good........
                        Goofy music!
                        Old tech junk!

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                          With heroes and villains and swords of light
                          Are the swords of light associated with the villains, and do the villains have a dragon theme? Cookies for reference.
                          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I do hope this comes to pass. There have been so many good sci-fi movies since 1987 that Mel Brooks could spoof.
                            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth AdamAnt316 View Post
                              "When will then be now?"

"Soon!"

"How soon?!"

"WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO???!?!?!?!?!?!" *helmet closes*
                              I call all times soon.

/Aslan
                              My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Working...
                              X