Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

REPORT BUGS HERE - New Server Edition (March 2016)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth wolfie View Post
    Forgot to mention, frequently get "connection was reset while page loading" errors. My style is to go to main page, open as new tabs any areas that have new posts, then go into those tabs and open as new tabs the threads with new posts.

Also (first time I went there since the change) Fratching is having colour problems. The links to subforums/threads are in blue, and text within a thread is black on black. I have to use "select all" in order to be able to read it.
    That's good info! It definitely suggests a cache issue.

Mozilla's suggestion for "connection was reset..." issues: link
    Basically, it says to clear the cache and delete cookies for the site(s) affected... it has some step-by-step stuff there to try.

Also, the colors issue sounds exactly like it cannot find the stylesheet, or cannot load it, or it's local copy of where/what it thinks it is is incorrect... again, my bet is on browser cache. The fix above *should* be very capable of correcting both issues.
    Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Comment

Quoth PrplPplEater View Post
      Doh! Fixed there, too, now
      Cool. The downside is that I'm sure the spammers will come rushing back in. Gotta take the good with the bad.
      Sometimes life is altered.
      Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
      Uneasy with confrontation.
      Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
        Cool. The downside is that I'm sure the spammers will come rushing back in. Gotta take the good with the bad.

I may look to integrate the StopForumSpam registry with the registration system.
        I'm registered over there and already have an API key...
        Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Comment

Also, the colors issue sounds exactly like it cannot find the stylesheet, or cannot load it, or it's local copy of where/what it thinks it is is incorrect... again, my bet is on browser cache. The fix above *should* be very capable of correcting both issues.
          Just went back to Fratching, everything was normal without me doing anything.
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
            Just went back to Fratching, everything was normal without me doing anything.
            I just (within the last 30 minutes) updated a setting that configured the sites to send "no-cache" headers with each page. It adds a little extra overhead to the server, but I figured it was the best way to make sure folks were getting served up-to-date pages for now.

Once everything is ironed out, I may switch it back.
            Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Comment

Any luck on getting CS to work with Forum Runner? It's still giving me the same error message.
              My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Quoth Kheldarson View Post
                Any luck on getting CS to work with Forum Runner? It's still giving me the same error message.
                I thought for sure it would be fine now; I updated Forum Runner to the latest version the other day.

As for the error message, CS & Fratching use the exact same version of the same plugins, so it is really odd that one works and one doesn't.

I'm back to the drawing board, I think..... I'll get it figured out.
                Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Comment

I thought for sure it would be fine now; I updated Forum Runner to the latest version the other day.

As for the error message, CS & Fratching use the exact same version of the same plugins, so it is really odd that one works and one doesn't.

I'm back to the drawing board, I think..... I'll get it figured out.
                  It actually started working last night
                  My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Quoth Kheldarson View Post
                    It actually started working last night

Sweeet!!!

Whew! I was at a complete loss on how/what/where to go from here
                    Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Comment

Hi all. I've most of the adverts have been discrete and not a problem. There is one, however, which is obnoxious and looks suspiciously like an invitation to malware. I'm going to try to attach a screen-print of it. I hope this works *crosses fingers*

There is a very annoying moving border around the edges which gives me a headache on top of the obnoxious "you are an idiot, please click here" message. So far I've only seen it on screens when I'm typing up a message, not the main pages. In fact the flipping thing is there right now *glares at the top of the screen*
                      Attached Files
                      "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Quoth greek_jester View Post
                        Hi all. I've most of the adverts have been discrete and not a problem. There is one, however, which is obnoxious and looks suspiciously like an invitation to malware. I'm going to try to attach a screen-print of it. I hope this works *crosses fingers*

There is a very annoying moving border around the edges which gives me a headache on top of the obnoxious "you are an idiot, please click here" message. So far I've only seen it on screens when I'm typing up a message, not the main pages. In fact the flipping thing is there right now *glares at the top of the screen*

Found & blocked.... this shouldn't show up any more.
                        Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Comment

Not so much a bug,more a pest...
                          When you go into the main area,you're greeted with the latest Activity board.
                          At the moment-
                          i.The last activity was on March 17,so it looks like we've been dead for three weeks.
                          ii.Rather unfortunately,the activity that greets you at present is 'Poop stinks'-maybe not the most homely of welcomes-doesn't exactly invite you to pull up a seat and tuck into cookies here
                          The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                            Not so much a bug,more a pest...
                            When you go into the main area,you're greeted with the latest Activity board.
                            At the moment-
                            i.The last activity was on March 17,so it looks like we've been dead for three weeks.
                            ii.Rather unfortunately,the activity that greets you at present is 'Poop stinks'-maybe not the most homely of welcomes-doesn't exactly invite you to pull up a seat and tuck into cookies here
                            Yup - the two main remaining issues I'm working on deal with the main/front page -- the comics need to come back and I need to get the digest of daily activity updating again. I *think* I have a solution for the comics, I just have to get my butt in gear and get it sorted; I'm still trying to figure out why the other part is failing despite being the latest available version of the plugin that does what it is supposed to do.
                            Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Comment

The "please let me steal from you" advert is back again.
                              Attached Files
                              "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Thanks, looking into it!
                                Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Comment

Working...
                                X