X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moms aren't exempt from Brain Farts

An oldie but a goodie here . . .

Mom and I were out shopping and decided to stop at the Kitty for a few things while we were in the area.

Now, the area we were in is where the former Kitty store I worked at is. It's located at one end of the shopping center which is in an L-shape and there's another grocery store at the other end (which has the initials HT.)

Usually, we'd enter the shopping center parking lot from the Cornwallis Drive entrance right there at the Kitty (with a small Coffee Shop sitting on the very end.) But this time, we came in off the west side on Golden Gate Drive (which intersects at Cornwallis just west of the shopping center), where the HT store is located on that end.

What does my Mom do? She simply gets out and goes into the HT store. We usually don't shop there much, as it's a bit pricey. She's going around the store, wondering why the layout is different.

Dur??? I just stopped dead in my tracks and asked "Mom, where do you think you're at?"

"We're at the Food Kitty," she snapped.

"Then apparently they must have been bought out and the HT sign is on the door."

"Huh?"

"Yeah, Mom. You didn't notice we just walked into HT?"

The lightbulb finally came on. "Oh, I guess we'll just go over there, then."

Needless to say, we put the empty shopping cart back and quietly made out way out the door and over to the Kitty.

What can I say . . . it's hard raising parents nowadays. They just don't listen.
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Kitty?

HT? Hot Topic?
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
      Kitty?

HT? Hot Topic?
      Kitty is the grocery chain I work for (ie. Food Lion.) HT is another well known chain here in our area - Harris Teeter.

Usually, because of the difference in clientele (the Kitty sees usually more of what I call everyday working shoppers while HT usually sees more higher-income shoppers), their locations are usually not too close together, however at this one shopping center (the one I used to work at until late 2006) there's one of each store in the same shopping center.

Hope that clears up any confusion.
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

OH! Silly me, it's rather obvious now that you've told me. I feel dumb now.

Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
          What can I say . . . it's hard raising parents nowadays. They just don't listen.
          Selective hearing. It works for them!!
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
          X