This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unexpected smiles from a hotel

Me and son stayed at a homewood suites by Hilton hotel a couple nights last week, received one of those automatic email surveys after I returned home. Filled in survey honestly, mostly 5s, couple 4s, couple pieces of (hopefully) constructive criticisms and some well deserved praise.
    Received an email today from a real person, a few paragraphs thanking me for filling the survey and saying nice things, and a request if I would like to stay again to call her for a reservation, with a direct line and personal email address.

I'm actually kind of surprised real people read these, instead of computers calculating the numbers, and completely amazed anybody bothered to answer. I enjoyed
    the stay, but that puts it over the top to search for the same brand next trip I'm planning. It's nice to think sometimes people are listening about customer thoughts

(On a side note typing on the phone is getting harder, my spellcheck changed SIX of the above words to Iroquois for no pjlagrtcular reason but is fine with ◀️ Go figure)
    Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Quoth NecessaryCatharsis View Post
    I'm actually kind of surprised real people read these, instead of computers calculating the numbers, and completely amazed anybody bothered to answer.
    Just as an fyi, at my work the managers do read the survey comments. Sometimes it's just scrolling through a bunch of nonsensical comments and demands like "you should carry the yarn I want" with no other information. We love positive survey comments, but don't have time to reply.

Every great once in a while someone will write straight to corporate, bypassing the survey. If they do (and it's a favorable email), the DM will forward us the message along with kudos. Sometimes they forward the message to other stores in the district. It's especially awesome if the customer mentions someone by name. So some places do read these things.
    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Back at 'DaddyJim's' Pizza, any complaints or compliments sent to Corporate were always forwarded to the individual stores. For better or for worse, the SM really did wanna know what people had to say.
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
      X