Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm sorry to have bothered you? (little long)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm sorry to have bothered you? (little long)

Thank you all for your warm welcome to this site. I have plenty of fun stories to share. Being an airline employee you get a lot of, shall we say, interesting people.

So we all know how frustrating it is to sit down to a nice dinner with your family and then the phone rings and it's a telemarketer right? Well, my job is in no way like that. I don't call people, people call me to book flight reservations.

So I get this doozy of a call one day:

Cast of Characters:
    Me: your friendly airline employee
    SC: person who thinks I'm a telmarketer

Me: Thank you for calling Airline this is Sapphire how can I help you?
    SC: Yeah I need to book some flights.
    Me: Ok going from where to where and on what dates?
    SC: Well, I want to go from here to here but I don't know when I want to go.
    Me: (Oh goody one of those calls) That's fine we can probably figure something out for you.
    (So we go through about a million hoops and are on the phone for a good 10 minutes before we finally piece some semblance of a reservation together)
    Me: Ok the total comes to $xxx.xx would you like to pay for that now?
    SC: *in a snotty tone* Uh, no! I don't have time for this I'm in the middle of dinner!
    Me: Ok...
    SC: I'll call back later! *click*

I am sooooo sorry to have called you during dinner time to try and get you to buy plane tickets! How incredibly rude of me! No, wait, that's right YOU CALLED ME!

Sigh, onto the next customer.

Cast of Characters:
    Me:
    SC: someone who apparently has NO TIME

Me: Thank you for calling Airline this is Sapphire how can I help you?
    SC: Yeah I need to change my reservation.
    Me: Ok no problem. (So I get his information pull up the reservation and find out what he needs to change.)
    SC: And can you do that quickly I don't have time here.
    Me: I will do this as quickly as I can. (Now most changes are pretty simple, but if for some reason the computer cannot read the new fare I add or the taxes from the old fare or something like that then it all has to be entered manually. This process can take anywhere from 5-15 minutes depending on how complicated the flights are. And of course this "gentleman" with no time happens to have one of those complicated reservations that does not automatically process for me.) I'm sorry sir it looks like this is going to take about 10 minutes to...
    SC: (interupting) I don't have time to wait 10 minutes! This is just a change why is it going to take 10 minutes!
    Me: I'm sorry sir some changes take a little more time than others but if you...
    SC: I don't have time for this!
    Me: (finally talking over him) That's fine sir, if you give me your information I can process the change without you on the phone.
    SC: ...oh, ok then. Good because I just don't have time to sit here while you figure out what to do.
    Me: Ok. (I get his info and off he goes)

Yet again I must apologize for having called you during this obviously busy time of your day. How thoughtless of me to have interupted your daily routine by calling and insisting you change your reservatin right now. Oh, wait, I must again say YOU CALLED ME!

And that's all from me for now.

Does everyone in the world use planes to cheat on or leave their spouses? That first one sounded like she got caught on the phone and had to make it look like she wasn't doing what she was doing. I'm losing some faith in humanity's capacity for honesty.
    Interesting Fodder: http://interestingfodder.typepad.com

Comment

Ya know if I was going to cheat on anyone...I wouldn't do it so expensively. But since I'm not the kind of girl who cheats on her guy...I don't have that problem.

I'm guessing the second one thought it was going to be a easy fix and that his time is too important to waste on waiting for a computer. Thats what is called loosing ideals ladies and gents. You get so far in the corporate world and then forget that you used to be one of the minions who had to wait for such things like computers.

Comment

Quoth bloodrose View Post
        Does everyone in the world use planes to cheat on or leave their spouses?
        Well, it was either that or some el cheapo that thought they could get a better deal elsewhere after making SapphireSky jump through all of the hoops and do all of the legwork for her, and just gave a quick jump off the phone excuse. Either way, entirely sucky.
        "You are the dumbest smart person I have ever met in my life!" Will Smith, 'I, Robot'.

"You LOSE! Good day, sir!" Gene Wilder, 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory'.

Comment

My mom, since retired, used to be a reservations agent for an Airline. She always said she liked her job, but considering the airline (think orange ) she probably got some real whackos.

I should totally ask her sometime.
          "You mean you don’t have the one piece of information you actually need? Well, stick your grubby paws in the crayon box, yank one out and colour me Fucking Shocked Fuchsia." - Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth bloodrose View Post
            Does everyone in the world use planes to cheat on or leave their spouses? That first one sounded like she got caught on the phone and had to make it look like she wasn't doing what she was doing. I'm losing some faith in humanity's capacity for honesty.
            My thought, exactly.
            "Do not quibble with me over apostrophes. I have my shit together when it comes to apostrophes." - BookBint

Comment

Working...
            X