This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retail workers are human dammit :mad:

This was the first time I got really pissed at a cust (but kept my cool.) The woman started off friendly enough, until I accidentally rang up one of her items at the wrong price. She snapped, yelling "Those were 10 cents apiece!) I turned to my supervisor, who confirmed the customer was correct. The cust then said "You should know your prices better..." That's when I lost it. I simply, calmly, said "You don't have to yell at me" and put my head down and refused to look at her. I rang her stuff out, took her money and bagged it. Then I watched her leave, turned to my supervisor and said "I am going on break now." I was super pissed at the customer, but I can hope that I kept some dignity and class during it. Let's hear what the experts say.
    I am the commander commando!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think you did quite well. You kept your cool, which means the customer didn't get a rise outta you which means they're even madder. Cheers!
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Whew. Been there, done that, bought the t-shirt.

Actually about six or seven times this week I've been in a similar situation. It seems like everyone who walks into our store thinks that they are smarter than me somehow and they treat me like they're the prime offerings of Mensa's elite class and that we should be happy that they have deemed us worthy of a visit to our little hovel in the ground.

Good job on keeping your cool.

Comment

You handled it well, the customer was just being a bitch.
        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Agreed with previous posters. Kept your cool ... that's the main thing.

What helped me when I was on the phones as remembering that I was the better person for not losing it. They were the utter, contemptable losers.

I only lost it once ... guy asked a question and then kept going on and on complaining. I finally said "If you would shut your damned mouth, I'll answer your question." He did, I did. He ended up apologizing to me. Never lost it after that.
          "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Working...
          X