X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short but sucky

Short exchange...

ME: Hello, this is FOJK from ****. I was calling to let you know that the tow truck is on the way, he should be there between now (8:15am was the time) and about 8:45.

SC: *tsk* *gasp* So, they're REALLY NOT on the way!

ME: Uh, no, he is ON THE WAY and should be there in 20 - 30 minutes.

SC: Oh. Thanks.

ME: Thank you.

Just goes to show that they really only hear what they want to hear.
    "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Having to wait (maybe) half an hour means they're not on their way? I know we live in an era of instant gratification, but that is just ridiculous.
    MySpace

Comment

Hey, that means my pizza isn't on the way! Or my chinese! No tip for you!

Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

My response: "I'm sorry sir/madam, but our transporter is malfunctioning today. This means that our driver will actually have to DRIVE the truck to your location. I'm sorry for any inconvenience."
        Certifiable Interior Designer
        (Passed the NCIDQ Exam - Summer 2008)

It's hard to shoot zombies with a cat on your lap!

Comment

Quoth Interior Desecrator View Post
          My response: "I'm sorry sir/madam, but our transporter is malfunctioning today. This means that our driver will actually have to DRIVE the truck to your location. I'm sorry for any inconvenience."
          Do you know how many times I've wanted to pull that line with our members? For the ones that pitch HUGE fits about the time I've always wanted to say: "Well, I apologize and, you know, there is something I can do JUST FOR YOU today! We've installed the transporter just recently, and even though its still in its experimental stage, I'll just press this red button on my keyboard and a truck will appear in 3, 2, 1...."
          "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
            Do you know how many times I've wanted to pull that line with our members? For the ones that pitch HUGE fits about the time I've always wanted to say: "Well, I apologize and, you know, there is something I can do JUST FOR YOU today! We've installed the transporter just recently, and even though its still in its experimental stage, I'll just press this red button on my keyboard and a truck will appear in 3, 2, 1...."
            If only your teleporter was working

It seems the only times I ever need a tow truck are when it's 100 degrees outside, and I have no bottled water.
            "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
            "What IS fun to fight through?"
            "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
              "Well, I apologize and, you know, there is something I can do JUST FOR YOU today! We've installed the transporter just recently, and even though its still in its experimental stage, I'll just press this red button on my keyboard and a truck will appear in 3, 2, 1....
              and...oh crap, looks like the driver got morphed with a fly again - so he can probably fix your car, but might rip your head off as well. Will that be alright?"
              When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

Working...
              X