This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well that's disgusting

This woman wasn't really an SC, or a customer, or even causing any real problems. She was just disgusting.

For those that haven't read any of my other threads, I'm a security guard at a small technical collage(like ITT or somesuch). Once or twice a week I see this woman come onto the site. She is the very definition of white trash: overweight, middle-aged, bleached blond hair, pink shorts and white shirt(every time I see her she's dressed like this!). She also has a chihuahua on a leash.

Whenever she comes on the site she walks up to the two cigarette urns and digs through the used butts in there. If she finds one with any reasonable amount of tobacco left on it, she puts it in her mouth and smokes it. Then she just turns and heads back the way she came. Once she saw me staring at her in disgust(I don't hide my feelings for idiots), she just smiled and waved and continued looking for that sweet, sweet tobacco.

Lady, I am a smoker. I understand nic fits and lack of cash and all that. If I ever get to the point where I root around a bunch of used cigarettes to find one I can smoke I will quit cold turkey, because I will have reached an all-new low. Thank you for giving me a benchmark for desperation.

Well, damn. That is indeed rather, uh, unhygienic.

I'd lay odds nine out of ten that she's reproduced, too.

Comment

We've got this same problem at the Technical school I do security at (Not so small technical school, actually). Most of the time, it's homeless people and scavengers doing it, but sometimes it's actually the STUDENTS we catch rooting through the ashtrays for butts.

Ugh... I mean, come ON! Let's spin the wheel of communicable diseases! Not to mention it's just plain filthy in those things. They don't exactly CLEAN ashtrays, y'know, just dump them out.

Ifyou wanna smoke, that's fine, smoke. As long as you don't blow the smoke in my face or on my stuff, and you toss your butts into the proper recepticle (like you would any other trash, the only difference being yours was recently on fire and needs special containers) I have no trouble with smokers. But, really... if you have to rummage through the GARBAGE to get your fix? YOU CANNOT AFFORD THIS HABIT ANYMORE!
      Check out my webcomic!

Comment

Quoth Danno View Post
        Well, damn. That is indeed rather, uh, unhygienic.

I'd lay odds nine out of ten that she's reproduced, too.
        Nine out of ten? You mean nine out of ten children in the local school are hers? If that's your angle, then no bet, I wouldn't be surprised.
        "Darling, you are a bitch. I'm joining the Navy." -Cinema Guy 4/30/2009

Comment

At least she isn't spending her children's lunch money to buy cigs she can't afford?
          I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
          - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
          - IPF

Comment

Quoth HawaiianShirts View Post
            At least she isn't spending her children's lunch money to buy cigs she can't afford?

No, of course not. That goes to feeding her little Chihuahua that she couldn't afford to buy in the first place.
            "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Comment

You know, if that's not a wake up call to consider quitting, then I don't know what is.

The clue line is ringing, lady. Do not let the machine pick it up.

Comment

Disturbingly, I can beat that. I take the bus a lot, and I see the idiots downtown. They are CONSTANTLY picking up butts off the GROUND. That people have stepped on or maybe even pissed on.
                "Hi, this is Silver. How may I lose my self respect in order to cater to your over- inflated ego today?" --- Silverrb

Comment

Quoth SilverOrb View Post
                  Disturbingly, I can beat that. I take the bus a lot, and I see the idiots downtown. They are CONSTANTLY picking up butts off the GROUND. That people have stepped on or maybe even pissed on.
                  People. are. SO. gross.

I agree about the clue line ringing for the lady in the OP. If that's not a clue, I'm not sure what is.
                  1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                  -----
                  http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

My SO's friend used to do that before he was old enough to buy cigs. Ew.
                    My basic dog food advice - send a pm if you need more.

Saydrah's leaving the nest advice + packing list live here.

Comment

I was going to say you met our Butt Lady from around here, but she always wears long pants and big fuzzy boots no matter how hot it is outside.

I've mentioned her before. I also mentioned how she called our supervisor rude when she wouldn't give her a cigarette to smoke, and then called her a bitch when she tried to enter the store before it was open.
                      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Geez... when I was homeless, we used to at least REMOVE the tobacco from the used ciggies and roll it into NEW ones. Smoking someone else's filter? BLECH! (Yes, I have since quit smoking - disgusting habit LOL)
                        GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Working...
                        X