X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rude snobby lady

A little background......
    At the beginning of the year this regular customer that came into the store at least twice a week told me that she made more money than me. The reason, well she put a pair of shoes at the service desk and did not tell anybody. She decided not to return them and when she came to get them she had no receipt to prove they where her shoes. I called everyone in the store and nobody had helped her. Finally she takes the receipt out of her pocket and throws it on the counter. I asked her why she did not show me when I asked if she had a receipt and her repsonse was. "Because I did not want to." She went on to say that I had bad customer service and she made more money than me anyway.
    She stopped coming twice a week and comes in about once a month now. Today when I saw her in line I discretely told the girl at the service desk to watch out for the next customer because she can be rude and snobby. Then the following happened.

SC.....well ya know
    SD.....Service Desk girl
    A.....Associate on her lunch

SD.....Next in line please.

SC.....I know you guys were talking about me!!

SD.....No we were not.

SC.....YES YOU WERE I WANNA KNOW NOW WHAT SHE SAID!!!!!

At this point the lady is yelling and puts some stuff on the counter and then stops to keep asking what I said.

SD.....Do you want to buy everything in your cart? Because I need it on the counter to scan.

SC.....You know this is a nice area and you need to tell that girl (me) that she needs to go back to her neighborhood.

SD

The entire time I was training a new cashier and I could hear bits and pieces of it.

SD.....Well if you want to tell her that she is right over there.

SC.....If she keeps talking about me I am gonna sue her. Where are the managers?

SD (pointing to me) She is one of the managers. (I am actually a key holder and can be the manager on duty when needed.)

SC.....WHAT!! How stupid to make her a manager. She is so stupid!!

I see that she is not stopping so I call LP to let them know that she might make more of a scene. At this point she is walking out of the door with her stuff and stops A that is walking out the door and going to lunch.

SC.....I wanna know what she said about me.

A

SC.....She (pointing to me) needs to go back to Mexico where she came from!! SHE IS SO STUPID!!!!!

A

I was born in the USA and what the hell does it matter where anybody is from?! Evertime I see this lady I wanna scream. She is so ignorant!

let your managers know about the harassment from her. They just might ban her for it.
    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Definitely let your managers know about this. And ask your coworker and your trainee if they would be witnesses if you catch any flak from management.
      I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

"Apparently having more money doesn't mean better manners."

seriously if she has to say "i have more money than you! go back to mexico bla bla bla...." it really means.... "I have to put you down so i feel better about myself."

and she must be plenty insecure if she goes that freakin crazy when she thinks you're talking about her.

Or just...
        "Yes, I told her that you always tell me how much more money you have. Guess I beat you to it this time. I'll be glad to let you try again if you think it'll matters."

Comment

Too bad she can't use her oodles of money to buy herself some manners and a better attitude. I say, get her banned from the store for racial harrassment.
          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
          My DeviantArt.

Comment

Oh wow, what a skanky person.
            Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

What a rude bitch! Count me in the bandwagon to ban her ass for harassment. Too bad money can't buy manners.
              I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
              Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
              Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                and she must be plenty insecure if she goes that freakin crazy when she thinks you're talking about her.
                Of course by causing this scene and doing something SCish... NOW we are talking about her, ON THE INTERWEBS! She's important enough to be known in dozens of countries worldwide! YAY!
                Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart!

Comment

I agree with telling your managers.When I worked at a laundry mat there was a dumbass that would make us wash out evey square inch of every washer that she wanted to use. I told my boss and she told the woman that if she wanted that kind of personal attention then she was going to have to hire the employes for the 6 hours(yes six hours) that she was there. And she was going to have to pay us hourly wages. Because we were there to do the work MY boss hired us for the laundry mat not to be personal assistants. She never did bother us after that. I don't understand people that act like that all the time.They probadly do have a lot of money and for some people thats important and some people will kiss there ass because of it.

Comment

Okay, I KNOW this is WRONG but if it were me I would tell the manager that she's giving you trouble but then every time she showed up I'd point at her and whisper something nonsensical like, "Psst...pss...pss, now laugh!" to my nearest coworker.
                    The CW could swear that you said nothing about her and be telling the truth and you just know it would drive her BATSH*T CRAZY.

What can I say? It's a gift.
                    "What did you have for breakfast this morning? Carnation Instant Bitch?"
                    -Eric Foreman That 70's Show

Comment

Unfortunately, with the economy the way it is, it's doubtful that they'll ban her.

I'd still talk to your immediate supervisor and ask about what they will do or will let you do. Maybe a simple "Ma'am, I'm an American." will shut her the fuck up. Because she needs to do so desperately.
                      "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Why can't you refuse her service and force her to not come on the property? Be better for the employees.

Comment

If life were fair, you'd be able to ban her and the company wouldn't be able to stop you because it would be creating a hostile work environment by allowing racist harassment.

Those laws exist, as far as I understand the US system, but I doubt it would help you if you were to push for that.

Rapscallion

Comment

Talk to your bosses / management - have CW witnesses with you. They should ban her from the store while you are on shift. She is racially harrassing you and if they allow it then you could have a case to sue. Either that or when she comes in you get to go on paid break until she leaves - depending on how tightly they schedule banning her might be more cost effective.
                            This is from back in the day when I had to work with "rich" people:
                            I had one employee that was of Mexican heritage (his grandparents were born in Mexico) he didn't even speak Spanish. Sure enough, I had several complaints about him which I didn't believe because he was one of my best employees. When I wouldn't respond to the made up complaints the SC would go over my head to my boss and I would have to remind him why they were complaining about that particular person. My boss had finally witnessed first hand an incident that was later complained about and so he finally knew for a fact this client was full of BS.
                            Same job, I was sitting at a desk when I overheard a lady asking a CW if I was Native American, Mexican or part Japanese (for the record - I'm second generation Scot - both sides and white as paste with auburn hair) WTF? She needed to know my race before she'd let me take her order?!
                            I always wanted to say:
                            Money doesn't mean you are better than me, race doesn't mean you are better than me, the fact that I'm more polite than you does make me better than you, however.

Comment

HEHE! Ok, I know this is probably horrible, but you should mess with her head. If you know Spanish at all, speak to her in only Spanish and when she doesn't understand, just look at her like you have no idea why she doesn't understand what you're saying. If you don't know Spanish, fake it, she most likely doesn't know it either.
                              It's really mean, but maybe her head will explode from the confusion and you'll never have to see her again.
                              "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Comment

Working...
                              X