This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth KnitShoni View Post
    I just LOVE how she said, "So, do it anyway!" like losing your job is no big deal.
    It isn't a big deal. To her. Because she's a blazing idiot
    "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
    "What IS fun to fight through?"
    "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
      but the 10cents per litre requires I sign up for a credit card... the 15cents per gallon I got was free.
      Safeway has a store discount card that if you have that, you get 3.5 cents/litre off gas always, or 7 cents off after you spend a certain amount in the grocery store.
      Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

not to mention the fact that you probably have a credit card account hooked to it, and she probably would have stuck you with the bill

it's $40 a year, most people aren't going to whine about that

Comment

Quoth otakuneko View Post
          I've no problem scanning my Kroger card for total strangers. If I had a Sam's or Costco or similar paid-for card, that one would be a different story.
          I have an Executive Costco membership, so I get up to 2% back for purchases I make. I'd be happy to let someone else use it, if I could get away with it.
          Labor boards have info on local laws for free
          HR believes the first person in the door
          Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
          Document everything
          CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth fireheart17 View Post
            Basically, the cards are linked to the cardholder, not to a central database. If person 1 was using person 2's card, then the reward would go to person 2 NOT person 1.
            I've actually offered to use cards for that reason.

My mom has a Zellers card (Zellers is like the Canadian Target) which you get scanned every time you make a purchase, and you accumulate points. I don't have one of my own so, out of the goodness of my heart, I used my moms card.

I've racked up so many points for her now...

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
              I said.."I'm sorry but I can't do that".
              She said..."Well, why not?"
              Because you are not me. I have integrity.
              Everything sucks. I must be living in a vacuum.

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
                I'll let my grandmother and EQ use my card, but I HAVE to be with them, because neitherone of them go to Sam's enough to justify needing the card.

I figure it's just 40$ and it tends to pay for itself the first trip anyhow.
                I don't know what type of membership you have, but my business membership is $35 per year.

Quoth XXDarrienX View Post
                Ironically, it is my ex's Sams Club account, but when it comes to renewing it I will of course take her off of it or get my own membership if I have to.
                Depending on who the primary is, you may have to get your own. I know it used to be that the secondary could not even renew the membership, much less remove somebody.
                Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Quoth KnitShoni View Post
                  I just LOVE how she said, "So, do it anyway!" like losing your job is no big deal.
                  But it would make the customer happy! Wouldn't that be worth the loss of your job? *ducks*

Seriously, that SC sounds like a first class dingbat. I can't believe that she honestly saw nothing wrong with wanting to use your card, even after you told her that you could be fired for it.
                  "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
                  ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

Quoth CiggyStoreClerk View Post

My mom has a Zellers card (Zellers is like the Canadian Target) which you get scanned every time you make a purchase, and you accumulate points. I don't have one of my own so, out of the goodness of my heart, I used my moms card.

"What is wrong with you!?! Using my card without me knowing!?!"
                    "Mom. It's alright. You have like...1000 points on it because of me now."
                    "...Oh. Really? Carry on."

Comment

Primer-business memberships are $5 cheaper

http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?catg=5070

Comment

We staff members also get a discount card and part-timers (which are roughly 80-90% of us, the rest are casual or full-time) are entitled to an extra card, which I give to my mum. We use those instead of the store loyalty cards as our cards can be set up for that. I've had so many people ask me to use it. My reply is "I'll use it if you want me to lose my job." (not to their faces)

Back at my first job, there was a loyalty program similar to the Zeller's one. It's actually pretty well-known in Australia (I've long since left that particular job) so those Aussies here (edible_hat I'm looking at you) should know what I'm talking about. Basically you accrue points for every dollar you spend over $5. Annnyway, there were a LOT of people who would ask me if they could use my card. I didn't tell them that a) I was a Christmas casual so therefore did not get a discount card let alone a loyalty one b) I knew a bit about the program but not a lot and c) I didn't even own one!
                        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth Primer View Post
                          I don't know what type of membership you have, but my business membership is $35 per year.
                          I don't have a business (aside from Psychotic Kumquat Ink, which is just the name I post my art under) so I don't see the use of having a Business Membership.
                          Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Hubby and I have a business membership mostly because his parents added us to their account (or got the membership for us, or something like that). They own a dentist's office (FIL's the dentist), which is how they got it.

It's nice because you can get in earlier in the day than the regular memberships, though the drawback is that the food demos aren't usually set up at that time of day.
                            "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                            - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

I rack up loads of points for my mother's card at a supermarket over here. Thing is, they send her coupons based on what she buys - things such as different brands of denture fixative or cleaner (they're both retired or should have done...).

I'm waiting for them to get coupons for children's items after I bought that bra and pregnancy testing kit for a prank at work.

Rapscallion

Comment

I get that sometimes at my store, too. I just flat-out say "No." And when they ask why, tell them, "Because it gets flagged in the system if my card is used while I'm on the clock, and I could potentially lose my job." Thankfully, they don't escalate further, where I'd have to tell them, "I like helping customers, but not to the extent of getting fired."

Really, the one I see most often is someone who doesn't have a card, and doesn't want to take the time to go to the member services desk and ask for a one-day pass. They'll turn to anyone in line and ask to use theirs, and even if that customer is amenable, I have to say, "Sorry, you can't use their card." "Oh, but I don't mind--" "It's store policy."

Just had that happen yesterday, as a matter of fact, but I'll save that for my own thread.
                                PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
                                X