This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "You need to LISTEEEEEEEEEEN!"

My God this guy was stupid and annoying.

SC: Can I have two halves of lager and a pint of Guinness.

I looked at him. He did not look like the sort of guy who drank half pints, if you know what I mean. He looked VERY rough.

Me: Two half pints of lager, and a pint of Guinness?
    SC: *Tuts* Yes, thats what I said!
    Me: OK.

I make him the drinks.

SC: What is this? *points at two half pints*
    Me: Two halves of lager.
    SC: Why would I drink two halves of lager? I wanted pints!
    Me: Sorry sir, but I did repeat the order back to you.
    SC: I don't drink halves! Only girls drink halves!
    Me: OK no problem, I may have misheard you. I'll just make you two new pints.
    SC: And I'm taking these!

He points to the half pints.

Me: OK, but you're going to have to pay for them if you take them.
    SC: I am NOT paying for them. I am TAKING THEM.
    Me: I'm sorry, but if you want them you have to pay for them.
    SC: It was YOUR mistake. I am NOT paying for YOUR mistake.
    Me: Well you're not getting them.
    SC: It's not my fault you don't listen. You need to LISTEEEEEEEN. And that's why I'm taking them.
    Me: Sir, I know a scam when I see one and you're not taking them.

I took them off the bar.

SC: What are you going to do with them?
    Me: I'm putting them in the fridge and I will drink them when I finish in thirty minutes.
    SC: You can't do that. You know, there are people in here that can't afford to drink. I could give them to a poor customer.
    Me: No. I'm taking them.
    SC: You don't know ANYTHING about being a good samaritan do you? You are a HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE person.

I lost it.

Me: Right. That's it.

I took the drinks out the fridge and poured them into the drip tray in front of him.

Me: There. Now neither of us are getting them.
    SC: Wha...what did you do that for? I could have had them!
    Me: Because I'd rather see them in there than you taking them. If you're that desperate for them, here's a straw.

Boy, he was shocked and unimpressed.

Maybe I am a horrible person...

I have noticed that though. Since I got made manager I have a VERY short fuse with stupid people.

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
    I took the drinks out the fridge and poured them into the drip tray in front of him.

Me: There. Now neither of us are getting them.
    SC: Wha...what did you do that for? I could have had them!
    Me: Because I'd rather see them in there than you taking them. If you're that desperate for them, here's a straw.
    That straw remark is fabulous!
    "Thank God for the idiots: but for them, the rest of us could not succeed." ~Mark Twain

Comment

<snip>
      You're my new hero! Why don't I ever see this at my local <chain of pubs I think you work at> *sulks*
      A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

I am so glad that you are allowed to do that when you are a manager! I wish I could throw some money at you!
        I was not hired to respond to those voices.

Comment

SC: You can't do that. You know, there are people in here that can't afford to drink. I could give them to a poor customer.
          I ADORE this logic!
          If you can't afford to drink then you shouldn't be drinking, plain and simple. Other people's inability to manage their finances and the fact that they piss away their money on booze is not your problem.
          What a wad.

Comment

Excellent work. Always nice to hear stories like that.
            Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

Now I want to be a manager! I already kick out the problem guests as it is!
              Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

SC: I don't drink halves! Only girls drink halves!
                We do?

he reminds me of a boss i use to have. you'd repeat back his orders, he'd say "yes that's what i said!" ... until you do it, and then he'd claim that he never said that.

but in this case i smell scam. so yay for no beer for him!

Comment

Quoth rerant View Post
                  I ADORE this logic!
                  If you can't afford to drink then you shouldn't be drinking, plain and simple. Other people's inability to manage their finances and the fact that they piss away their money on booze is not your problem.
                  What a wad.
                  Hey now, if someone wanted to give me beer, I won't say no! Granted I would take it home and make bread out of it.

If you should chose to gift my broke ass with hard cider i would stay and drink it with you.

Call it a reward for being virtuous. Of course, I can't drink it either way , because if I am in fact in a bar, I am the driver as well as cheap and/or broke.

Comment

HAhahaha. I LOVE YOU. That was the best I've heard in a while!

Comment

You need to LISTEEEEEEEN.
                      Er... Sir? You look to be quite a bit bigger than a fairy. Secondly, I did listen, your dumb ass didn't specify, even after I repeated your order to you, as such, I think YOU need to LISTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!
                      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Nice! Good story!

And bTW...

You need to LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAVE!!

Comment

, Brilliant way of dealing with the scammer. Totally awesome
                          Please excuse me , I need to wander round the corner to scream now, before my head explodes.

Comment

All hail our new god/dess of bars!
                            The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

SC: You don't know ANYTHING about being a good samaritan do you? You are a HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE person.

I lost it.
                              I guess that was the last straw for you?
                              Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope.

Comment

Working...
                              X