This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know how you guys do this all day

Working in a call center has given me so much new-found respect for tech support. If we get a call about online banking and it's something "simple," we're supposed to talk the customer through the process. For example, if they just need to know how to set up a profile or where to click to get to Bill Pay or something like that. We're only supposed to transfer to Tech Support if they need to reset their password or something else we just don't have access to complete.

I spent over 40 minutes the other day helping a customer get to our main site page to log in.

A brief synopsis of our conversation:

Me: It sounds like you're looking at the results for a search engine page and not our main site. Can you make sure you've typed thebank.com into the address bar?

SC: How do I do that?

Me: If you go to the top left-hand corner of your browser, there should be a long box you can type the address in.

SC: It just says Mozilla Firefox and then Yahoo but I can't type anything on it!

Me: How about below that?

SC: Below that it says File...Tools...etc...

Me: Is there a box below that line?

SC: Where it says http:// www .yahoo .com?

Me: Yes! That's the address bar. Ok, click on that, and type in thebank.com.

SC: Okaaay...and I leave the letters that are already there, right?

Me: No, no, no. Delete all of that. Delete everything, and type in www dot thebank dot com.

SC: Okaaayyy...

Me: OH! And make sure you don't have any spaces between the words. Just, "wwwDOTthebankDOTcom" with no spaces at all, ok?

SC: Ohhhkay...OH! There it is! Why did you guys change it?

Thank you for calling Card Services, how may I take your abuse today? ~Headset Hellion

SC: Ohhhkay...OH! There it is! Why did you guys change it?
    Bet you lunch that he probably had like 5 toolbars installed and kept entering the URL into one of their search bars....

Comment

Quoth sld72382 View Post
      Bet you lunch that he probably had like 5 toolbars installed and kept entering the URL into one of their search bars....
      Don't take it! It's a sucker bet!
      I AM the evil bastard!
      A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

...sorry, just had a bad flashback.
        I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Quoth sld72382 View Post
          my money is on 7 toolbars and the avg/mcaffee/symantec toolbars too
          This is a drama-free zone; violators will be slapped. -Irving Patrick Freleigh
          my blog:http://steeledragon.wordpress.com/

Comment

you mean like this?

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
              you mean like this?
              Is that the new Office?
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

PE - Been a while since I saw a browser that bad...tho the toolbar actually ON the desktop (the top one) is a nice touch. I wanna say my record was seeing a dozen toolbars on one person's comp...
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I've only had to call my online banking center's line once. In fairness, I prefaced my conversation with the words "So, I'm an idiot" since I somehow managed to type my password in wrong...repeatedly...until it locked.

It took 15 seconds to fix.

How this is not the entirety of their calls is beyond me, but then, how most SCs manage to be as dumb as they are confounds me on a daily basis
                  "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
                  "What IS fun to fight through?"
                  "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

Working...
                  X