Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apparently I slam Milk and try to steal boyfriends...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Raveni View Post

I must admit that my post was a little misleading. Apparently, she actually had a shellfish allergy, but didn't wash her hands between preparing some and with a cucumber.

So, worker's comp covered the allergy, while I fired for the of the produce.
    I'm just going to drop this right here.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I don't know whether to be by the sheer horniness that requires someone to with a cucumber at work.

Or by the stupidity of her not washing her hands.

On the other hand, at least she didn't a co-worker and get knocked up.
      "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

One of the weirdest orders I rang up yesterday:

Condoms
        One fairly large zucchini
        Yeast-infection cream
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Raveni View Post
          I had to fire a produce lady for doing something similar. Interestingly enough, workers comp did pay out her hospital claim after she found out that she had an allergy and shouldn't be playing with the produce like that.
          I think I want to throw up now.
          Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
            that's why my bf and I avoid the entire situation and put any un-frozen meat packages in plastic produce bags - so if the meat leaks, no big deal.
            Yes, but that requires logic, something SCs lack in abundance. Besides, if they used logic, they wouldn't have the drama they all crave so badly.
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I'm fine with people putting meat in bags (we have rolls of bags above the meat case for that reason), but it's when they tie the bags shut and throw a fit when I have to open them (because the barcode won't scan) that annoys me. How else do you expect me to ring it up?

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                I'm fine with people putting meat in bags (we have rolls of bags above the meat case for that reason), but it's when they tie the bags shut and throw a fit when I have to open them (because the barcode won't scan) that annoys me. How else do you expect me to ring it up?
                SC logic:
                - The bag interferes with scanning the barcode
                - If it doesn't scan, it must be free
                - By opening the bag and taking out the meat so it WILL scan, you are making them pay the listed price instead of them getting it free
                - Therefore, you are STEALING from them
                Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Not just meat, but SCs will do this with almost anything that has a barcode. Doing this with ice cream in the summer I can almost see (doesn't sweat on the rest of the groceries), but....boxes of tea?

Comment

I had a woman customer get mad at me last year because she thought I was "checking her out."

"No, ma'am, I was not." was my reply. "There's no reason why I would be wanting to stare at you anyway."

"Oh, so I'm not GOOD looking enough, huh?" she snapped.

Luckily, my boss was nearby because I was heading over to him to ask a question anyway. He thought the whole thing was very funny and told me, "Downforit, feel free to gawk at her all you want when you clock out in 30 minutes. You'll be a customer again afterwards!"

He and I shared a good laugh.

Comment

I do the opposite at my store. As the manager, I'm the only one allowed to ring out employee purchases (small store). They will always ask, "Can you check me out now?"

So, I'll look them up and down and then say, "Looking good!"

(Don't worry, I don't do this with employees that I haven't developed a relationship with... don't want to risk harassment issues!)

Comment

Quoth NotAlBundy View Post
                        I do the opposite at my store. As the manager, I'm the only one allowed to ring out employee purchases (small store). They will always ask, "Can you check me out now?"

So, I'll look them up and down and then say, "Looking good!"

(Don't worry, I don't do this with employees that I haven't developed a relationship with... don't want to risk harassment issues!)
                        My instinctive response would be something along the lines of "Not now, Captain..." or "Don't. Just don't."
                        "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

Working...
                        X