Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I smoke because I care about you (Language/Epic length warning)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dude, excellent post. You have a way with words, and I like how you actually got some politeness out of the rude arse at the end of that segment.

Your bit about the old folks made me twitch, though. Once the Hubster and I took a little drive up through New Brunswick into Quebec, and up the St. Lawrence on the Trans-Canada highway. I grew up in a big city, I'm used to major highway traffic. The Hubster is not, but he insisted on driving and it was his car, so I let him learn the hard way. Even *I* was not prepared for the sight of an RV passing us at probably 120km/hr, driven by a man older than the dirt in my garden. His equally fossilized spouse was in the passenger seat, and when she came level with our front seat, she gave us the finger. They promptly cut us off and sped off into the distance.

We stopped at the next motel that appeared and were excruciatingly polite to the people that worked there, in spite of being so rattled we almost didn't sleep that night. It wasn't the motel folks' fault, and they were awesome and appropriately sympathetic. I don't take out my issues on strangers, I just don't.
    What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Better to smoke to relieve stress than to be on some tower somewhere in Texas screaming "I GOT YOUR CORN DOG!!"....LOL!

Comment

Man that trucker was a jerk. Serious respect dude for what you have to go through on a daily basis.
        Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
          I don't blame you at all for going off on that last guy. Who goes into a store and yells "Hey, fucker" at an employee??? Talk about rude, entitled, inconsiderate....arrrgh. He deserved what he got back. I hope you don't get any more like him....or, since that's not actually very realistic, at least not for a long time.
          I personally don't mind that if people WHO I AM ON GOOD TERMS WITH say that to me, because well, we are cool with each other and everything and joke around. It's people I don't know and don't like that I have a problem when they say it.
          If anyone breaks the three pint rule, they'll be running all night to the pisser and back.

Comment

You're awesome. It is hard to be nice all the time when shit is constantly flung at you.

Comment

I liked the fact you gave the guy the soda free after blowing up at him.

I honestly think that sometimes the BEST thing that can happen to people is for them to be taken down a peg or two because it lets them realize how much of an idiot they're being and gets them to see a little common sense. I saw similar instances at my call center job when supervisors (who were NOT subject to call evals and so could say whatever they wanted without fear of reprimand) similarly fought fire with fire.

And that's why I wish more jobs allowed for a little more, shall we say, flexibility when dealing with SCs.
              "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Working...
              X