This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forming Some Pet Peeves

So this is my first post in over a year (at least).I went from working as cashier at a hardware store to working as a sales associate at an adult store. Surprisingly, I haven't really been hit on at all! Happened all the time before.

Anywho, there have been a few pet peeves that have been forming.

1. Just because we have dressing rooms, that DOES NOT mean you can try on underwear. (Edit: I forgot to mention it's against store policy) It's disgusting! I asked these girls if they were finding everything ok after coming out of the dressing room, didn't catch what they were holding right away. Girl bitchly says okay and waits in line to be checked out, even though I was clearly free. Probably because they knew the second they dropped panties on the counter I'd give 'em a piece of my mind; kindly.

2. Snooping. This doesn't exactly have to do with loss prevention, even though theft drives me crazy. It's when a customer notices that we have a few doors in the front and try going through them for a bathroom. Yes, we do have a bathroom. No, it is not for you. And even if it was, you probably wouldn't want to use it anyway, because we are an adult store and so people are probably going to do things in there that are considered to be "inappropriate" in a public restroom.

3. Yes, we check ID. Don't get snippity with me. I am doing my job. If you appear under 30 I have to check. We can get fined if you are under 18. If you don't have your ID on you, guess who's fault that is? YOURS. I don't care your excuse, I am saving my ass from any trouble. ---I had a group of people come in, and one had left her purse at home and claimed to be 30. Hun, you hardly looked 20, take it as a compliment if you please but since I can't verify age you cannot be in my store. The girls that stayed complained to another associate about their aunt being out in the hot car. Meh, not my problem.

Other Randomness so far:

1. Some guy who hates me for reasons unknown, came in and there wasn't a freak out~ Yay!
    2. My mom came into the store a few days ago...awkward! Then later my brother's friend whom I've known forever came in with his wife. As soon as I turned around,l they were gone.
    3. This one isn't really related to the new job, just too lazy to divide this into two posts. A while back I was hired at a beauty store, I was thrilled, as I had been unemployed for a year (not a girly girl here). I went out and bought many clothes to work with their dress code using my mom's money, spending a fed hundred. I wait about a week to get my schedule which was supposed to be texted to me. I think maybe because the store wasn't officially opened. I called a few days asking about no schedule notice. Their answer is that they no longer need me. Couldn't even call me for that. Also, I was supposed to be paid for training/orientation. It was stated on orientation day. The lady who told me I wasn't needed said I'd be paid within a week. Weeks go by and I end up having to contact L&I. So I was very frustrated. Gah, dumb people. If you want to drop someone as an employee, fricking contact them! And pay them on time!

I love my new job!
    Last edited by Amajean; 08-22-2012, 06:27 PM.

I've tried on underwear lots of times. No different than trying on a swimsuit just obviously you keep your own underwear on lol.

Love the stories of people you know walking in haha. Lots of awkward times ahead XD.

Glad the beauty place didn't pan out (not the money issue tho). Sounds like a bunch of jerks.

Comment

Quoth Slayer View Post
      Love the stories of people you know walking in haha. Lots of awkward times ahead XD.
      Yeah I can't imagine my mom in an adult store.
      although... at least the friend was with his own wife. I can imagine it'd be super-awkward if he'd been with a different woman.

Comment

Quoth Slayer View Post
        Exception: a friend whom is like my little sister enjoyed the time I went to the store she worked at, esp since she knew that our prude friend was in the car, she took out the biggest... display... item... and twaped it against the window lol

Back on topic: always sees no matter where you look, people without ID always claim its your fault in one way or another... jerks.
        Crono: sounds like the machine update became a clusterf*ck..
        pedersen: No. A clusterf*ck involves at least one pleasurable thing (the orgasm at the end).

Comment

Quoth Amajean View Post
          .... The girls that stayed complained to another associate about their aunt being out in the hot car. ...
          My grandson has aunts 1 year older and 3 years younger than him...

The true story joke in these parts is that it is less likely that the bride is pg than it is that her mother and/or mother-in-law are.
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

When I used to work at an adult toy store some of my professors would come in - I would always go to the back when they checked out - there are somethings I don't need to know.
            Do you have to go by a different name at work? (we did)

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
              Yeah I can't imagine my mom in an adult store.
              Neither can I.

As it is, I have issues when I come home and Mom says something on the lines of, "Oh, you're here! If you hadn't been, I'd have taken my shirt off." (To keep cool in a warm house) or "If you'd come home a few minutes earlier, my shirt would have been off."

My response is always on the lines of, ">_< I did NOT need to know that!"
              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

My pet peeve -

At my shop we have a customer discount card. I HATE it when I ask the customer if they have one, and they reach into their bag and pull out a wallet overstuffed with cards, receipts, junk, etc, which they then have to sort through to find it. Isn't it just common sense to make sure you have your card ready? Clearly not.

Comment

I've actually been in an adult store with my mum.. is that weird?
                  "You're perfect yes it's true, but without meeeee you're only you!"

Comment

No, not at all. I see people come in with their folks sometimes.

Comment

Quoth Beckpatton View Post
                      I've actually been in an adult store with my mum.. is that weird?
                      Not really . . . I've been in one or two with my Mom. I thought I was the only one who's done that.

Just don't go in Mom's special drawer . . .
                      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                      X