X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Money talks. And bull$#*! walks.
    Women can do anything men can.
    But we don't because lots of it's disgusting.
    Maxine

Comment

Quoth Draco View Post
      On one hand, I can understand this mindset. On the other, where will this person ever have another chance to ask again?

I think asking out is fine, provided they accept no for an answer. If they keep pushing? That's where the real problem is.
      I hate to open a can of worms here, but it's communication and understanding that is the problem. Probably every woman in this guy's life has played games with him when it comes to dating & relationships. So this is probably where he gets his beliefs that women are always playing hard to get (except at the end when he tries to buy her). Some women grow up early and stop playing games at some point, whereas others never grow up at all and think that that's how it has to be. Any guy will tell ya...

Comment

Quoth Draco View Post
        On one hand, I can understand this mindset. On the other, where will this person ever have another chance to ask again?

I think asking out is fine, provided they accept no for an answer. If they keep pushing? That's where the real problem is.
        And speaking of hands, there are his only two options right there.
        To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Gaki View Post
          SC: Well I make more money than they do, and money talks!
          Who says romance is dead?

On a more serious note, I'd like to quote the words of a very wise person.

Oh, I know what you're thinking. Jester is going to quote George Carlin yet again. Well, as much as I love George, not this time. Because this time, the best words for this situation come from none other than Pink:

"I'm not here for your entertainment
          You don't really want to mess with me tonight
          Just stop and take a second
          I was fine before you walked into my life
          ‘Cause you know it's over
          Before it began
          Keep your drink just give me the money

It's just you and your hand tonight"

One of the greatest "Fuck off!" songs ever!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
            (Or rather, Jester quoting Pink)

"I'm not here for your entertainment"
            I really, really wish a certain type of man would actually hear and listen to that line.

Not all men. Most men know and understand that. But some men ... don't.

Edit: just thought of the perfect response to the 'money talks' line.

"Oh! You want a whore! Why didn't you say so?"

(As it happens, prostitution is legal in my state - and I know a few. So I could even refer him to some. :P )
            Last edited by Seshat; 11-03-2012, 12:04 PM.
            Seshat's self-help guide:
            1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
            2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
            3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
            4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

I just realized that an amazingly ironic moment would be a stripper dancing in a gentlemen's club to that song.

Of course, the irony would be lost on pretty much everyone there, but still....it would be amusing.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
              Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Gaki View Post
                SC: I'm just tryin' ta get a date here...
                And failing miserably.
                I AM the evil bastard!
                A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                  Who says romance is dead?

On a more serious note, I'd like to quote the words of a very wise person.

Oh, I know what you're thinking. Jester is going to quote George Carlin yet again. Well, as much as I love George, not this time. Because this time, the best words for this situation come from none other than Pink:

"I'm not here for your entertainment
                  You don't really want to mess with me tonight
                  Just stop and take a second
                  I was fine before you walked into my life
                  ‘Cause you know it's over
                  Before it began
                  Keep your drink just give me the money

It's just you and your hand tonight"

One of the greatest "Fuck off!" songs ever!
                  I used to dance with a (very sheltered) girl only a couple years younger than me who for the longest time didn't understand what that song meant. She really loved it until she figured it out and then she was disgusted.

I laughed. Being the public school graduate that I am, I understood it the first time.
                  I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Quoth Gaki View Post
                    SC: I'm just tryin' ta get a date here...
                    [Deadpan]March 19th, 1765. Happy now?[/Deadpan]
                    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Comment

Quoth Syriilord View Post
                      [Deadpan]March 19th, 1765. Happy now?[/Deadpan]
                      I dunno. I'd be tempted to say October 14, 1066 just to see how geeky he is.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                        I dunno. I'd be tempted to say October 14, 1066 just to see how geeky he is.
                        Battle of Hastings.

If you want to get paradoxical, you can give him the date of 3 September, 1752.
                        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

2 September 1666.
                          Seshat's self-help guide:
                          1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                          2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                          3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                          4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
                            2 September 1666.
                            The monument to that day:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Monument.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	186.2 KB
ID:	2030184
                            "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                              If you want to get paradoxical, you can give him the date of 3 September, 1752.
                              Is that one of the days that "didn't happen" due to the change from the Juilan to the Gregorian calendar?
                              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                                Is that one of the days that "didn't happen" due to the change from the Juilan to the Gregorian calendar?
                                Part of the Eleven Day Empire, yes.
                                PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
                                X