Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kinda reminds me of my time working the dairy department of "down down" supermarket here in Oz. I have a semi-photographic memory (semi because I never seem to remember the stuff I really want to, but useless stuff like complete layout of store 8 years ago is still in the memory). So if a customer asked if we had something in the back, I could tell you if we did have it, how much we had, or if there was nothing in the back. Had a customer ask about a particular flavour of yoghurt that was on special. I told her all the flavours that were out the back, but the one she wanted didn't arrive on the load. She insisted that I was lazy, and that I should just look. I told her that I knew what was in the back, and that particular flavour wasn't available. We didn't have it.

She told me to look anyway. I did my usual thing whenever anyone asked me to look in the back for things I knew weren't there, take a 2 minute break. So I went to the chiller, spoke to the worker there, didn't even check the stock, and went back to the woman and said "we still don't have that flavour". She got mad, accused me of taking a break and not even looking (gee, you think!) and told me to get the manager. Luckily he was walking up behind her at the time, so I pointed him out. She then asked him about the bloody yoghurt (no it wasn't that flavour), and he turned to me and asked if we had it. I again listed off what was in the back and she exploded. She told him that I didn't check, that I was a liar, lazy, blah, blah, blah. He looked at me, then back at her and said that I was his best worker (totally true, if he could have given overtime he would have had me working 60 hours a week, or any number I wanted to work).

He then did something strange, and asked me to list the flavours we did have in the back, and if I could where they were stacked in the chiller. So I did. The SC was looking at us like we were nuts, but then my manager took her to the chiller and showed her that everything was laid out exactly as I said it was. Can't say it changed her attitude much as she stormed off, but it made me respect my manager even more. Hope he is still like that, as that was his first time managing a department. Loved that he always stood up for his staff.

Comment

Perhaps corporate should be aware of the other store deliberatly hanging up on your calls maybe?

Comment

Quoth Aurora View Post
        To quote someone or other 'You catch more flies with honey than you ever can with vinegar'
        No you don't. Flies prefer vinegar to honey...

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
          So she called you a liar, called you incompetent, and blamed you for something you had no control over? I'd love to lose a "customer" like her.
          Yeah but it all failed cos the supervisor pretty much witnessed most of it and knows the woman was full of shit

Comment

I always hate the "do you have any in the back?" The only place it makes sense to check is the petrol station; on days when our deliveries come in, we always seem to have twice as many customers as on the other days and sometimes the delivery just sits out back cuz we don't have the time to put it out on the shelves. The usual thing to do is put out the chilled stuff, and leave the rest til we can spare the time. But in that case, I'll normally say to the customer, "I'll just look out back"; it's not some bonehead demanding that we go out back and look for something that I know isn't there. Which also happens on ocassion. XD
            People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
            My DeviantArt.

Comment

The CSR who hung up on you needs to be punched in the face. Why the hell would they purposely leave other stores hanging like that?

Comment

Off topic but i can't resist.
                i Call your cat and raise you a bigass Dog.
                http://acidsquirrel.com/post/524

Comment

Working...
                X