Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well i have complained about a hotel having no power too. but it wasn't during a hurricane.

it was just a shitty hotel with a shitty electrical system that had shorted out.

Comment

Quite understandable, Pepper -- The one we were talking about had power, tho. It was the surrounding area that lacked it. ...And this was somehow Moirae's fault. x.x
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
        Had that at the petrol station where I work. The air pump is always being out of order due to mysterious people who cut off the end of the air hose and take it away with them.
        Some places (at least one TA truck stop I've been to - forgot where - and the Flying J in Carney's Point NJ) get around that. At the air pump, they've got an industrial-type air connector, but no hose. The hose is behind the counter, and if you need it, you leave your driver's license as a deposit.

As for the people cutting off the air chuck (that's what it's called), it's understandable via SC "logic" - that thing costs 3 or 4 bucks at the retail level, so why should they buy one for their home air compressor if they can just cut one off at a gas station?
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Primer View Post
          Re: The Case of the Disappearing Pens:

Get the stick pens with separate caps, not the click style. Remove the caps, and either stash the caps in the back office, or under the counter, or just trash them entirely. Stick pens without caps don't walk off nearly as often, or as quickly, as others!
          This + 100.

It really works, just trash the caps.

Once I accidently slapped a pen in a drawer and bent it. That puppy lasted until it ran out of ink. I started slamming other pens in the drawer, but my supervisor caught me and stopped me.

Comment

If you can get away with it, pens in unusual colours usually have a high shelf life. I got a brown pen in a pack of multicoloured biros and donated it to where I work. The "poo pen" as it was soon named lasted til it ran out of juice, cuz no-one ever wanted to steal it. XD
            People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
            My DeviantArt.

Comment

Slave - they even make pre-bent disposable pens these days...they're longer than normal ones (usually), and the last couple of inches have something of a dog-leg shape. Unfortunately, it's obvious that they look this way on purpose, so they might be MORE likely to be stolen x.x
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Gaki View Post
                SC: Why did you charge me for the coffee? It's on the slip.
                Me: ...for the love of.......*refund X.XX*

Stop me if I'm wrong but doesn't "too" mean "also?" For serious. I just scan stuff and tell you the total. I don't have time to go searching through your entire food order on my screen to find your coffee.
                I get that a lot with customers that use the "S-it" guns; the normal routine is to place any items that did not scan on the belt. When the gun can't scan something it tells you this and what to do.

Once in a blue moon they'll go through the routine with the gun and then put their entire order on the belt, ignore my asking "have you scanned these items already?" and only when a void will require the key do they answer me by throwing a fit.
                "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
                X