This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet ordering Part 2

An internet delivery order pops up on the screen at 10:30pm. Now we had just come off of a short burst rush so the delivery time was still set for like 45 minutes. The order gets made and I get the delivery. I look at the ticket and notice that it is a future time order scheduled to be delivered at 11:15pm. The order was completed and ready to go out the door around 10:40pm. So into the hot box the order goes and I wait until 10:55pm to leave.

I leave with the order and deliver it a few minutes early and get a light tip.

When I get back to the store, the MOD tells me the customer called around 11:10pm wondering where their order was. According to the cusotmer it had been over an hour since they ordered and the order should have been there by now. The MOD explains to the customer that they had future timed the order for 11:15pm and the order should be there in a couple of minutes. The MOD prints off the ticket and finds that the order was placed at 10:12pm.

Again, as in my last internet order post, some people should not be allowed to use the internet as they are like a kitten on a HUGE dose of catnip and just slam click or finger mash or bat a paw on anything that appears on the screen.

EVERY pizza website that I have used clearly has an area where you can either get the order delivered ASAP or SPECIFICALLY specify a time for delivery. There is NO ambiquity involved.

AND YES people are that stupid.
    Last edited by Racket_Man; 11-08-2012, 05:37 AM. Reason: fixed spelling error
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

The best part of that is I'm sure no one ever owns up to making a mistake like that, and you get to suffer for it. What bullshit.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I once made a major mistake on an internet order for pizza, once.

Only, the shop never knew because I checked my order details to confirm before I called them. I'd say I don't know why this is so hard, but then, we all know what site this is, and we also know they managed to make some pretty blatant mistakes. At least in my case, my mistake was clicking the wrong radio button (for no cheese instead of double cheese... boy was that an odd pizza; still tasted good, tho), and not filling out the entirely wrong field like you'd have to for a future order.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Pizza Hut's system for awhile defaulted to a future order system, which was frustrating because it was easy to miss. They've since fixed it.
        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
          At least in my case, my mistake was clicking the wrong radio button (for no cheese instead of double cheese... boy was that an odd pizza; still tasted good, tho)
          We used to have a regular who preferred his pizzas with no cheese AND well done. Any veggies on them came out looking like burnt hairs x.x There's a reason no smart pizza slingers will put onions or similar items on TOP of the cheese...
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
            We used to have a regular who preferred his pizzas with no cheese AND well done. Any veggies on them came out looking like burnt hairs x.x There's a reason no smart pizza slingers will put onions or similar items on TOP of the cheese...
            We used to have one of those too.

as to the pizza makers knowing not to put such things as those on top of the cheese...... well about 3 years ago PH changed the way their pizzas were made. all of the cheese was placed on the bottom and all of the toppings were on top with NO top cheese.

Not sure why they did that except maybe make their pizzas look a little more Mom and Popish. It only lasted 6 or 8 months.

Comment

I don't remember the details, but I once made a mistake on my online order, and I had phone in about it. It turns out the mistake was on my part and the email confirmation proved that. Whoops! Oh well, guess that means I'd have to be more careful from then on.
              To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

I have a customer that always orders a 2 liter of coke with their order. When I get there they always ask if I have diet coke.

This has happened at least 10 times that I am aware of, and those are only the deliveries that I take. Also, they never tip.

Comment

Quoth barainga View Post
                  I have a customer that always orders a 2 liter of coke with their order. When I get there they always ask if I have diet coke.

This has happened at least 10 times that I am aware of, and those are only the deliveries that I take. Also, they never tip.
                  I had the opposite happen to me as a customer more than once. The regular delivery person knew to double check the order as I always always order diet Pepsi. The new guy didn't, and delivered the wrong cola.
                  I didn't want anyone to make a second trip just to get me the right one, so I took the regular Pepsi and considered a guilt free splurge. I'm not diabetic or anything, just prefer Diet, so it's no big thing.

Comment

as to the pizza makers knowing not to put such things as those on top of the cheese...... well about 3 years ago PH changed the way their pizzas were made. all of the cheese was placed on the bottom and all of the toppings were on top with NO top cheese.
                    That's weird. when I slung pizza pizza 20 years ago the layers went (from bottom to top) dough, sauce, cheese, toppings.

i always thought it kinda weird to put cheese on top of the toppings myself. although that's how mom made it.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                      That's weird. when I slung pizza pizza 20 years ago the layers went (from bottom to top) dough, sauce, cheese, toppings.

i always thought it kinda weird to put cheese on top of the toppings myself. although that's how mom made it.

for most of its history PH has done the layers thus: dough, sause, bottom cheese, toppings, top cheese

UNLESS it is one topping sliced meat then it is: dough, bottom cheese, top cheese sliced meat. They claim the customers like their sliced meat crispy.

Comment

At DaddyJim's and the small Italian joint, we normally did cheese on top or, at least, veggies under cheese and others on top.
                        Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                        They claim the customers like their sliced meat crispy.
                        I actually do prefer crispy meats, myself....it's just the veggies and other high-water toppings that present an issue. We had a number of calls with people who insisted on "toppings over cheese" who complained about the quote-unquote hairs all over their pizzas...Noooo, those are the sliced onions and green peppers you asked for that got burned and shriveled up in the 500F degree ovens...
                        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I remember years ago when the major supermarkets in the UK were looking at providing the ability for customers to order by computer. One of them put together some software that would dial up, download all products and prices, then you would put together your order, and it would dial up again and send the order in. The distributed free installation CD's in their stores. This was a trial run and this was made clear in the documentation. In other words people who try out the service should be familiar with computers. I tried it myself and found it to be decently done.
                          So a reporter on a nationally broadcast news program decided to try it out for herself and do a report on it. She was not happy and went on in the report about how many problems she had setting the software up. How she spent hours trying to get it to work even with other people helping her. The reason for her problems ? Apparently there was nothing telling her that she needed a modem...

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                            for no cheese instead of double cheese... boy was that an odd pizza; still tasted good, tho.

^-.-^
                            My fiance always has his pizza with no cheese, cuz cheese is one of the migraine triggers he has. He normally has extra BBQ sauce piled on instead.
                            People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                            My DeviantArt.

Comment

Except that I don't actually like the taste of tomato paste, as I'm not a fan of tomatoes in general. However, as the toppings were chicken and mushroom, the lack of cheese wasn't completely terrible. I'm just glad I didn't do that with a ham and pineapple.

^-.-^
                              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                              X