Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apparently I slam Milk and try to steal boyfriends...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apparently I slam Milk and try to steal boyfriends...

While bagging an order. some lady claimed I slammed her milk. I did not. then she's like "you mad at me?" im thinking to myself: no im not and I didnt slam your milk. She was also upset I didnt double it. Our store is running low on plastic bags so I never double unless I have to. I love the way she looks at my name tag and saying my name as if thats supposed to intimidate me or something. lol. Its not like I like my name and I am not making the mistake of putting my nickname on a nametag. Only my friends get to call me my nickname . so when she's leaving I'm like "have a nice day mam" in the most fake cheery way I could manage. I did nothing wrong. After all we're supposed to say that to our customers.

A few weeks back i had someone glare at me cause apparently they thought i was checking out their guy. I'm thinking to myself, please I'm not even into guys. I guess i was being too friendly but not that friendly. Just the usual "do you want your milk in a bag?" Or "is that ok with this?".

bonus story. I heard about some woman who didn't want her fruit after it touched the belt. I'm like why not wash the stuff when you get home?" lol

Or put it in a bag before putting it on the belt..
    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

The belt? Yeesh, if people knew what happened in the backrooms of most produce departments, the belt would look good enough to eat off of to them Or if some kid drops an apple/lettuce/what have you on the floor and then pops it back into the bin. Seriously, fresh produce has all kinds of gross on it. Just wash it.

I also hate it when the girlfriend/wife/significant other is glaring at me. No, I really don't want your guy. I'm already pursuing my good friend the produce guy, which is why I know all the awful things that happens to fruit and veggies before they hit the shelf.
      The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

I get the stereotypical butchy type lesbians glaring at me cause they are with their girlfriend. I just wanna say, "Chill, your girl ain't my type. Plus I am taken." Ah, people...

Comment

I hate girls like that.

One of my old coworkers has one of those obnoxious overly attached robobitch gfs....and let me tell you....one payday morning after work, I saw him at Wal-Mart, he was alone, we chatted, then a while later, I saw him walking with his gf and their baby in their cart, and he wouldn't even look at me.
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth ShinyGreenApple View Post
            I'm already pursuing my good friend the produce guy, which is why I know all the awful things that happens to fruit and veggies before they hit the shelf.
            I had to fire a produce lady for doing something similar. Interestingly enough, workers comp did pay out her hospital claim after she found out that she had an allergy and shouldn't be playing with the produce like that.

Comment

Quoth ShinyGreenApple View Post
              The belt? Yeesh, if people knew what happened in the backrooms of most produce departments, the belt would look good enough to eat off of to them Or if some kid drops an apple/lettuce/what have you on the floor and then pops it back into the bin. Seriously, fresh produce has all kinds of gross on it. Just wash it.

I also hate it when the girlfriend/wife/significant other is glaring at me. No, I really don't want your guy. I'm already pursuing my good friend the produce guy, which is why I know all the awful things that happens to fruit and veggies before they hit the shelf.

What happens in the backroom to merchandise, food or not, if people knew, would have them run screaming into the night...LOL!

Comment

My friend doesn't really do anything to the produce, it's just that if people are worried about the belt, they REALLY don't know how the whole process works. Also I've heard of shipments of bananas coming in infested with spiders before. Not since my friend started, or Id' have surely heard about it. Or he'd have run to my end of the store and burrowed into a corner sucking his thumb.

But also, don't most places have plastic bags in that department to put the stuff in so it doesn't have to touch the belt anyways? People are weird. If the fruit/veggies have been in the shopping cart without a bag, surely that's probably filthier than the conveyor belt.
                The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

We don't have sanitizer for the belts and have to make do with...glass cleaner Bossman said he hasn't found a food-safe sanitizer for the belts yet...why can't we use what they have in deli? Unless that dissolves rubber...

I've had customers scream about leaking meat touching their food (that's why I'm taking 30 seconds to at least attempt to clean the belt, as well as bagging the meat BEFORE you demand it get bagged with other stuff as I know you will) as well as ignore it and then bitch after they've already put their lettuce down on the bloody-water puddle that they had to have seen. Sure, you can get another head of lettuce but I need to take that one. No, you can't just put it back. I also wonder why some people use the produce bags for everything except produce (I need to take your ice cream out of the bag because it will not scan otherwise).
                  "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                  "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Raveni View Post
                    I had to fire a produce lady for doing something similar. Interestingly enough, workers comp did pay out her hospital claim after she found out that she had an allergy and shouldn't be playing with the produce like that.
                    I hope you don't mean what it sounds like you mean.
                    Last edited by smfrazier; 11-11-2012, 11:33 PM.

Comment

Quoth smfrazier View Post
                      I hope you don't mean what mean what it sounds like you mean.
                      Maybe I need to get my mind out of the gutter, but I was thinking that too.
                      "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth cinema guy View Post
                        So was I

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                          We don't have sanitizer for the belts and have to make do with...glass cleaner Bossman said he hasn't found a food-safe sanitizer for the belts yet...why can't we use what they have in deli? Unless that dissolves rubber...

I've had customers scream about leaking meat touching their food (that's why I'm taking 30 seconds to at least attempt to clean the belt, as well as bagging the meat BEFORE you demand it get bagged with other stuff as I know you will) as well as ignore it and then bitch after they've already put their lettuce down on the bloody-water puddle that they had to have seen. Sure, you can get another head of lettuce but I need to take that one. No, you can't just put it back. I also wonder why some people use the produce bags for everything except produce (I need to take your ice cream out of the bag because it will not scan otherwise).
                          that's why my bf and I avoid the entire situation and put any un-frozen meat packages in plastic produce bags - so if the meat leaks, no big deal.

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                            I hate girls like that.

One of my old coworkers has one of those obnoxious overly attached robobitch gfs....and let me tell you....one payday morning after work, I saw him at Wal-Mart, he was alone, we chatted, then a while later, I saw him walking with his gf and their baby in their cart, and he wouldn't even look at me.
                            One of my friends used to have a girl friend like that. She was SO paranoid, especially about me - no offense to my friend, but I'm not attracted to him.

Apparently, we were hanging out at a third friend's house, and I fell asleep on the couch because we had been working hard on costumes and props all day. She comes in, I sleep through her entire visit, but apparently she latched onto his arm tightly and was glaring at me the entire time. Me, who just continued to sleep with my back facing the room and a reciprocating saw going off not a few feet away.

I'm SUCH a threat.
                            My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
                            It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Quoth smfrazier View Post
                              I hope you don't mean what mean what it sounds like you mean.
                              Quoth cinema guy View Post
                              Quoth Mikkel View Post
                              So was I
                              I do.

I must admit that my post was a little misleading. Apparently, she actually had a shellfish allergy, but didn't wash her hands between preparing some and with a cucumber.

So, worker's comp covered the allergy, while I fired for the of the produce.

Comment

Working...
                              X