Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I refuse your logic, that man is a THIEF!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apparently, it doesn't pay to be a Good Samaritan anymore. A guy finds your "missing" belongings to turn it in and he gets the police called on him for being a "thief." Thank God there were no charges!

At my job, if I find belongings--mostly purses--left behind in a shopping cart or on the ground, I am required by store policy to return them, and no customer has ever called me a "thief" for doing so yet! I figure I'm lucky.
    Just six months ago, I found a purse outside in a cart and I slung it over my shoulder on the way inside to return it. Passing me was a police officer who patrols the local area and had been looking over security tapes. He knows me quite well since we exchange greetings once a week and he began teasing me, "Cute purse, man! It really brings out the color in your eyes."
    I laughed and said, "Actually, it's not mine. I found it outside and I'm taking it to Customer Service and they'll put it in the lost-and-found bin."
    He grinned and said, "I better keep an eye on you just in case you decide to be STEALING purses instead of returning them!"
    Thank God the policeman knows me very well, and also my intentions. Plus, he was just joking around with me, so nothing was being taken seriously.

Comment

Working...
    X