This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Thoughts, Please?

My Aunt, who's really a second mom to me, has to go in for an endometrial (sp?) biopsy next Monday. She's been bleeding 'down there', and as she hasn't had a period in 15 years, that's a big problem. They did an ultrasound last week, and found out her uterine lining is thick. It could be one of three things: 1) It's just going wacky, in which case they'd go in and scrape it out, 2) Pre-cancerous, in which case they might go in and scrape it out, or they might decide a hysterectomy is necessary, 3) Cancer, in which case she'd have a hysterectomy and possibly radiation.

I'm trying not to freak out too bad until we get the results back, but my Aunt thinks she's probably going to need a hysterectomy. I don't know if that's because of something her Doctor said or what, but...

Anyway, if those of you who pray could toss in a quick prayer for her once in a while, I would be deeply grateful.
    The High Priest is an Illusion!

Aw, I will!
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Will keep them in my thoughts. *hugs* The C word, even just hinting at it .. is a scary thing.
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

I'll send good thoughts your aunt's way.

Comment

Praying for her and for your family. I hope it's all sorted out quickly with a minimum of fuss. *hugs*
          Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

Keeping you in my thoughts!
            Remember, stressed spelled backwards is desserts.

Comment

My aunt just went through something similar, it was cancer, she had the full hysterectomy, and will have to go through l5 sessions of radiation....but the good news is, that the cancer was contained to the uterine wall, and the radiation is being done as an "insurance"

this means that while she will feel icky and tired for a few days after each treatment.... she won't lose her hair, or weight drastically, etc etc....

I don't say this to scare you - I can fully sympathize with what you're going through - I'm just trying to say that even as scary as cancer is, sometimes its not as bad as it seems....

love and light to you and yours.
              I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

Working...
              X